Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NBA Playoffs 2024 (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hahahahahahaha. They're reported to be interested in Ty Lue who really just needs a nap at this point.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Game 7 loading!!! Side note- Magic ELITE victory song:

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
We need the Knicks against the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals like we need air

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
LeBron is the goat

At getting coaches fired

Bron wanted Lue back 5 years ago. The Lakers effed up over a couple mil and one extra year on the contract for Lue, after Lue had already agreed to coach the Lakers. Since then, Vogel and Ham have come and gone.

Bron is probably tough to coach. But Ham was not a good NBA head coach, never even been a head coach before. Ham is a very nice guy and person, but no X's and O's IQ, plus serious other issues like not using his roster correctly two years in a row. Also simple things like timeouts being call when an opponent is going on runs, etc. ALL of the Lakers players like Ham, but ALL also knew he didn't have the chops as an NBA head coach. Ham had to go.

The Lakers still want Lue, and Lue would likely make the jump from the Clippings to the Lakers, but the Clippings owner Ballmer - one of the richest owners in sports - will never let that happen. Lakers options are probably a former head coach like Kenny Atkinson (whose main problem is he can't get player buy-in, especially vet players), or JJ Redick - who has never even be a coach at all, but is recognized as an elite BBall mind, and is also very tight with Lebron.

In the end, most of the issue is with the Lakers management and ownership, going on for over 15 years now since Dr Buss passed. Bron is a tough guy to coach though, most GOAT level players are.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bron wanted Lue back 5 years ago. The Lakers effed up over a couple mil and one extra year on the contract for Lue, after Lue had already agreed to coach the Lakers. Since then, Vogel and Ham have come and gone.

Bron is probably tough to coach. But Ham was not a good NBA head coach, never even been a head coach before. Ham is a very nice guy and person, but no X's and O's IQ, plus serious other issues like not using his roster correctly two years in a row. Also simple things like timeouts being call when an opponent is going on runs, etc. ALL of the Lakers players like Ham, but ALL also knew he didn't have the chops as an NBA head coach. Ham had to go.

The Lakers still want Lue, and Lue would likely make the jump from the Clippings to the Lakers, but the Clippings owner Ballmer - one of the richest owners in sports - will never let that happen. Lakers options are probably a former head coach like Kenny Atkinson (whose main problem is he can't get player buy-in, especially vet players), or JJ Redick - who has never even be a coach at all, but is recognized as an elite BBall mind, and is also very tight with Lebron.

In the end, most of the issue is with the Lakers management and ownership, going on for over 15 years now since Dr Buss passed. Bron is a tough guy to coach though, most GOAT level players are.
The Lakers aren’t winning anything at this point no matter who their coach is. Lebron didn’t help matters with personnel especially when he wanted Westbrook.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The Lakers aren’t winning anything at point no matter who their coach is. Lebron didn’t help matters with personnel especially when he wanted Westbrook.

Westbroke was a terrible trade. One of the worst in history. That was a Rob Pelinka special. What a terrible GM.

Bron did sign off on the trade, another terrible decision.

Bron obviously has a year or two left at this level. So windows is short. Even then it'll take a lot for another bling run. I agree it's probably not likely. Lotta things would have to line up and work out right.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Westbroke was a terrible trade. One of the worst in history. That was a Rob Pelinka special. What a terrible GM.

Bron obviously has a year or two left at this level. So windows is short. Even then it'll take a lot for another bling run. I agree it's probably not likely. Lotta things would have to line up and work out right.
LeBron wanted it and Pelinka went along with it instead of being a real gm and telling him no, but that's basically the story of every where LeBron has been except the Heat. And to Lebron's credit the "get me the guys I want to play with" has worked out more than it hasn't but now the Lakers have to decide if the slim chance they can contend with LeBron and AD is worth burning whatever assets they have left/taking on toxic deals like Trae Young or Lavine.

But the biggest problem for LA is that Denver, Minnesota, and OKC are all younger and better and will be for the rest of LeBron's career

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

The NBA is about the Jimmy and joes. Very few coaches make a big difference. Pop is probably one of the best coaches ever, but he isn’t shit without players either. The Lakers don’t have the supporting cast . It’s nothing against Lebron’s talent but he is a shitty wannabe GM.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The NBA is about the Jimmy and joes. Very few coaches make a big difference. Pop is probably one of the best coaches ever, but he isn’t shit without players either. The Lakers don’t have the supporting cast . It’s nothing against Lebron
I think coaching really on matters at the very narrow championship margins, but yeah in nba history if you haven't had 2+ all nba/all star dudes and some depth you're just farting the season away anyways.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think coaching really on matters at the very narrow championship margins, but yeah in nba history if you haven't had 2+ all nba dudes and some depth you're just farting the season away anywats
I think NBA coaching is more about handling egos than anything especially with super talented teams. Guys like Phil Jackson and Pat Reilly were great at it.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here is a question for you. Why is Doc Rivers so highly regarded? It seems like he fucks up more teams than he makes better.
I think it's two fold: 1. He's a high floor coach who stars like. For the most part he will make your team competent (not so much with Milwaukee this year, but generally), and 2. The alternate options are usually worse.

His reputation is helped a bunch by getting drug to a ring by KG/Pierce

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
LeBron wanted it and Pelinka went along with it instead of being a real gm and telling him no, but that's basically the story of every where LeBron has been except the Heat. And to Lebron's credit the "get me the guys I want to play with" has worked out more than it hasn't but now the Lakers have to decide if the slim chance they can contend with LeBron and AD is worth burning whatever assets they have left/taking on toxic deals like Trae Young or Lavine.

But the biggest problem for LA is that Denver, Minnesota, and OKC are all younger and better and will be for the rest of LeBron's career
Levine is not a consideration. Dude is broken. Young would get killed on defense, hope they don't get him. Mitchell at least would be decent, but to trade off at least two key players and stays starters, then it probably hurts more than helps. Pelinka is a terrible GM tho, so who knows. I think there is a decent chance they keep most of the current rotation players they have now. A few changes in roster happen to every team each off season, just adding a cheap vet big/center and maybe one other mid vet playable wing is probably on the table. Coaching matters a lot when margins are thin in the playoffs, it mattered a lot for the regular season as Ham royally tucked up as a coach during the last two regular seasons also.
Here is a question for you. Why is Doc Rivers so highly regarded? It seems like he fucks up more teams than he makes better.

Rivers is way past being a good coach. Teams know it now. He's a decade behind current NBA ball these days.

Posting from my phone so can't type out better response, but that's the gist

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds