Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska elk (1 Viewer)

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Was fortunate to draw a Nebraska bull elk tag for this fall! I’m in unit 7 and will be hunting north of Ainsworth and Bassett. Will try with my bow but can rifle hunt starting September 21-October 31 if it comes to that. Archery starts September 1.

Not a great year to draw as I already have multiple things going in those months but I should be able to get out enough. My wife understands this is the only bull tag I can ever get in the state so if I have to peel out and hunt without any warning so be it.

Anyone else have experience in Nebraska elk hunting?

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
View attachment 24684
My cousin was a guide for the Turner ranches back in the day but I think he has his own guide service now. This was his Nebraska elk two years ago. I’ll find out if he’s still a guide.
I’ll bet that was in a different unit that I’m hunting. I’d guess out west by Crawford but could be wrong!

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Was fortunate to draw a Nebraska bull elk tag for this fall! I’m in unit 7 and will be hunting north of Ainsworth and Bassett. Will try with my bow but can rifle hunt starting September 21-October 31 if it comes to that. Archery starts September 1.

Not a great year to draw as I already have multiple things going in those months but I should be able to get out enough. My wife understands this is the only bull tag I can ever get in the state so if I have to peel out and hunt without any warning so be it.

My parents have Elk in their yard North of Ainsworth. Neighbor harvested a monster last year, and theybrought some Elk brats to a bbq last month.

Have to tell you, a grilled Elk Brat with some mustard is one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten.

TreedHusker

Defensive Lineman

You can draw bull tags multiple times, but you can only harvest one in a lifetime.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds