Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska football has caused the most suffering in your life, but what's second? (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Watching kids go through difficulties that you can't do anything about.
Hey Dude Man GIF by CBC

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Second deployment in Afghanistan, I took more of an administrative role since I was armorer for the company and took the night 12 hour shift in the TOC (Tactical Operations Command) for our company. Relatively easy and boring, but I did have my times where I busted my ass controlling communications for our unit throughout the area.

After I got off at 8 AM, I would go to the gym and workout. Followed by trying to get some sleep. Except our tent always got hot and when the AC shut off during the summer, it was 100 degrees easily. Toss in situations where people would constantly be in and out of the tent talking and opening the door to let the Afghan sun in, I just couldn't sleep. I was on my 3x the normal limit of sleep medicine, which caused me to be drowsy the next shift.

Knowing that all you need is some good rest and sleep, but you wouldn't get it for months, is miserable.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
At the end of the day it’s just college football. I’m cancelling YouTubeTV and I’ll wish them luck next Friday but I’m going to focus on other things and if Nebraska football ever decides to flip the script I’ll tune in again. Northwestern is bowling.. it’s not too much to ask for and I thought this coaching staff might be different. Not holding my breath anymore.

doublewing

Running Back
I hate to say it but while the losses definitely suck, they don't bother me as much as they used to. Through the Pelini era, a loss would sting for a week and I'd receive a bunch of shit talk from my coworkers as I'm the NU guy on the West Coast. Now we lose so much that I just expect it and the coworkers have become much more sympathetic since we suck so bad.

TBH, after the first half I expected us to lose. When you accept that reality it does not sting as much at the end.

2400d7eb-5e65-4420-af84-0f36a2a9ee2b_text.gif

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Second deployment in Afghanistan, I took more of an administrative role since I was armorer for the company and took the night 12 hour shift in the TOC (Tactical Operations Command) for our company. Relatively easy and boring, but I did have my times where I busted my ass controlling communications for our unit throughout the area.

After I got off at 8 AM, I would go to the gym and workout. Followed by trying to get some sleep. Except our tent always got hot and when the AC shut off during the summer, it was 100 degrees easily. Toss in situations where people would constantly be in and out of the tent talking and opening the door to let the Afghan sun in, I just couldn't sleep. I was on my 3x the normal limit of sleep medicine, which caused me to be drowsy the next shift.

Knowing that all you need is some good rest and sleep, but you wouldn't get it for months, is miserable.
Where in the stan were you?

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I love the sport of basketball and am a huge Nebrasketball fan. In the B1G every game is on tv or streaming. Pre-B1G any game that wasn't on tv (over half the schedule) I was listening on the radio dating back to around 1997. My first memories is Eric Piatkowski when was 7 or 8 years old and I've been a fan ever since.

Anyway, I've been desperate for a solid basketball team ever since. I truly believe that it has taken years off my life.

As an example, two years ago, Hoiberg's 3rd season. I thought we were going to have a good team that year. I thought we'd be a bubble team. I went to the opener against Western Illinois with my brother. Of course we lost. I went home and couldn't sleep that night I was so bothered.

Pathetic and lame I know, but I can't help the psychopath I am when it comes to Nebraska Basketball, Nebraska Football, and United States Men's Soccer.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Probably losing a big bass at the boat or having your partner knock the fish off the hook when trying to net it.

As for suffering, living with a heart arrythmia that can cause you to pass out when you least expect it. Even though I have an ICD to shock it back in normal should it happen, it still scares me from time to time even though it rarely happens. As much it frustrates me to watch the Huskers or Bears play, just glad I get the chance to enjoy it regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
I love the sport of basketball and am a huge Nebrasketball fan. In the B1G every game is on tv or streaming. Pre-B1G any game that wasn't on tv (over half the schedule) I was listening on the radio dating back to around 1997. My first memories is Eric Piatkowski when was 7 or 8 years old and I've been a fan ever since.

Anyway, I've been desperate for a solid basketball team ever since. I truly believe that it has taken years off my life.

As an example, two years ago, Hoiberg's 3rd season. I thought we were going to have a good team that year. I thought we'd be a bubble team. I went to the opener against Western Illinois with my brother. Of course we lost. I went home and couldn't sleep that night I was so bothered.

Pathetic and lame I know, but I can't help the psychopath I am when it comes to Nebraska Basketball, Nebraska Football, and United States Men's Soccer.
You may want to give our volleyball team a watch. It would be good for your health. Seriously.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds