Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

November recruiting thread (5 Viewers)

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Top247 OL Grant Brix talks All-American Bowl, recruiting status​

Offensive lineman Grant Brix talks about the honor of being an All-American and updates what's next in his recruiting as far as visits and a potential decision.​

Allen TrieuALLEN TRIEU13 minsVIP0

Logan (Cockeye) Magnolia offensive tackle Grant Brix was virtually presented with his All-American Bowl jersey on Wednesday night as part of theRoad to the Dome tour.

The game itself will take place on January 6th, 2024 in San Antonio Texas.

"It’s just an awesome feeling," Brix said. It’s just a blessing and it’s cool to be able to compete against the best in the nation and something that I’ll remember for a long time."

The 6-foot-5.5, 280-pound Brix is a four-star and one of the nation's top offensive tackles but still wants to use the week to further his game.

"I’m just going to try get better honestly throughout the week in any way I can," he said. "Any good pointers I can use to get better. It will be really good to compete and learn -- like at my school, we don't do much pass pro, so it will be a good opportunity to work on that."

Brix is one of the few uncommitted players in the game.

"It's up in the air," he said of a timeline. "I tried to get away from it, so I didn't go on any visits at the start of the season. I would just commit when I feel right about it, but that was a bad idea so I decided it wasn't too late, better late than never, so I started setting up some visits."

Brix just visited Nebraska, will get to Oklahoma on November 11th and then Kansas State on the 25th.

"If I feel one of those places is right and I know that’s the place I'm going to, then I'll commit," he said. "Like Nebraska, it was nice being back and seeing everything, getting the feeling again for a place. I wouldn't get that sitting at home not going to places, so it doesn’t keep it fresh."

Getting back to Norman will be important to building connections.

"With Oklahoma, I'm specifically looking forward to connecting with recruits one more time. I know them some, but want to get to to know them a little better. I also have a good relationship with Coach Bedenbaugh."

Kansas State is one of those schools Brix feels good relationships at also.

"There is a really good family feeling at K-State," he said. "You feel that immediately when you go in there. I know all the linemen well. I know them better than the linemen elsewhere."

This year's game will be the 24th edition of the All-American Bowl. In that time, the game has had 562 future NFL Draft choices, including 129 1st Round picks participate. 217 participants would go on to be a Pro Bowl selection and 97 have been Super Bowl champs.

Among the notable alumni are three straight 1st Overall selections in Bryce Young, Travon Walkerand Trevor Lawrence. Stefon Diggs, Odell Beckham Jr., Ezekiel Elliott, Derrick Henry, Joe Thomas, DK Metcalf, Micah Parsons, Adrian Peterson, Vince Young, Chase Young and others have also participated in the game

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

Offensive lineman Grant Brix talks about the honor of being an All-American and updates what's next in his recruiting as far as visits and a potential decision.​

Logan (Cockeye) Magnolia offensive tackle Grant Brix was virtually presented with his All-American Bowl jersey on Wednesday night as part of theRoad to the Dome tour.

"It’s just an awesome feeling," Brix said. It’s just a blessing and it’s cool to be able to compete against the best in the nation and something that I’ll remember for a long time."

The 6-foot-5.5, 280-pound Brix is a four-star and one of the nation's top offensive tackles but still wants to use the week to further his game.

"I’m just going to try get better honestly throughout the week in any way I can," he said. "Any good pointers I can use to get better. It will be really good to compete and learn -- like at my school, we don't do much pass pro, so it will be a good opportunity to work on that."

"It's up in the air," he said of a timeline. "I tried to get away from it, so I didn't go on any visits at the start of the season. I would just commit when I feel right about it, but that was a bad idea so I decided it wasn't too late, better late than never, so I started setting up some visits."

Brix just visited Nebraska, will get to Oklahoma on November 11th and then Kansas State on the 25th.

"If I feel one of those places is right and I know that’s the place I'm going to, then I'll commit," he said. "Like Nebraska, it was nice being back and seeing everything, getting the feeling again for a place. I wouldn't get that sitting at home not going to places, so it doesn’t keep it fresh."

"With Oklahoma, I'm specifically looking forward to connecting with recruits one more time. I know them some, but want to get to to know them a little better. I also have a good relationship with Coach Bedenbaugh."

"There is a really good family feeling at K-State," he said. "You feel that immediately when you go in there. I know all the linemen well. I know them better than the linemen elsewhere."

This year's game will be the 24th edition of the All-American Bowl. In that time, the game has had 562 future NFL Draft choices, including 129 1st Round picks participate. 217 participants would go on to be a Pro Bowl selection and 97 have been Super Bowl champs.

Among the notable alumni are three straight 1st Overall selections in Bryce Young, Travon Walkerand Trevor Lawrence. Stefon Diggs, Odell Beckham Jr., Ezekiel Elliott, Derrick Henry, Joe Thomas, DK Metcalf, Micah Parsons, Adrian Peterson, Vince Young, Chase Young and others have also participated in the game
Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

At this point I think you go and get a commit from Ruggeroli at Bishop Gorman. If Brix wants to commit later great take them both we need OTs.

Bishop Gorman is the #1 high school team in the country and full of talent, if nothing else it would be worth it just to gain a foothold in recruiting there.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
2024 uncommitted RB from South Carolina visiting for Maryland game

(more P5 offers than are shown below)

1698926101286.png
1698926157785.png

Last edited:

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Athlete Spotlight: Midland Valley’s Traevon Dunbar has greater appreciation for football after injury​

Midland Valley running back Traevon Dunbar (21) celebrates a win against his former school, Silver Bluff, with offensive lineman Ashton Mozone. Staff photo by Gabriel Stovall.
AUTHOR
Gabriel Stovall
Gabriel Stovall
DATE
September 7, 2023
Sports

Watch Traevon Dunbar on the football field, and he will show you what it looks like for a running back to play hungry.
Few players in the state of South Carolina, much less the CSRA area, have dominated the first three games of the high school football season like the senior tailback from Midland Valley High.
Considered a 3-star prospect, according to 247sports.com, the 5-foot-10, 200-pounder has been playing like that and more. In his first trio of games, Dunbar has amassed 728 rushing yards on 73 carries. That’s a first down per touch and about 242 yards per game.
And he hasn’t done it against shabby competition, either. Valley’s first three wins have come against Grovetown, a Class AAAAAA school on the Georgia side of the CSRA, Thurmond and Silver Bluff. The latter two were unbeaten coming into their matchups with the Mustangs.
“Running like a man possessed” could be a cliche used to define his early-season tear. But whatever descriptors you use, make sure it reflects the passion instilled into a player who understands what it feels like to flirt with the possibility of being forced to give up the game he loves.

Dunbar developed that passion the hard way when he tore his ACL as a sophomore. The uphill climb to get back to elite form came from Dunbar’s desire to prove to himself that he could still play at a high level once again. It also made him appreciate the game of football more.
“The biggest thing for Traevon is, coming off that injury, a lot of kids don’t know what it means to play every play as your last,” said Midland Valley coach Earl Chaptman. “And when you’re a guy who, as a sophomore, loses a whole season because of that injury, it kind of wakes you up a little bit and lets you know that you’ve gotta play every possession and every snap as if it’s your last. And he’s prepared himself for this.”
The injury happened after the 2021 season where, before injury, he rushed for 1,909 yards and 28 touchdowns while playing for Silver Bluff. He didn’t make his return to the field until suiting up for Midland Valley’s 38-19 win over Airport on Oct. 7, 2022 — a game where he rushed for 58 yards on nine carries.
In his next game back from injury, he flashed his sophomore season form with 171-yard performance in Valley’s 70-33 win over Aiken — a game that several of his teammates point to as a turning point in the Mustangs’ program.
As a junior at Valley, he shook off the injury rust to the tune of 587 yards and six touchdowns on just 56 carries in only five games while sharing the backfield with talented runners, TJ McElmurray and Jonathan Peeples.

But his crazy three-game stat line this season has not only helped him re-establish himself as one of the state’s best players, but it’s also been a big reason why Midland Valley has gotten off to its first 3-0 start to a season since 1998.
Dunbar, himself, acknowledges that the sophomore season injury taught him how to appreciate and prioritize his gift of football more.
“I don’t think [the injury] negatively affected me,” Dunbar said. “I just think it showed me that anything can be taken from you in a quick instant. So it really did make me love the game more and make me want to get more out of it.”
Dunbar’s exploits on the field have certainly drawn the attention of some of college football’s most recognizable brands. He’s got at least a dozen offers or interest from Division I schools, including offers from the likes of Penn State, Michigan State, Arkansas, Boston College and Virginia Tech.
And after back-to-back 200-yard plus rushing performances was followed up by 182 yards and a score against his old team last Friday, more accolades, recruiting eyes and scholarship offers are sure to come his way before his senior season is done.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds