Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff (1 Viewer)

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
They gave Scotty 5 years I think we can give Rhule more than 5 games.
Agreed. I mean JFC, where was all this vitriol in Scottys first year when that douchebag started 0-6?

Let’s blame the lightening and Riley for 5 years.

Now in 5 games in into a rebuild we’ve seen enough.

pathetic GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Took Harbaugh 6 years to get it figured out and they almost ran him out of town during Covid. I'd love to know what his staff turnover looked like in the early years.
Harbaugh was still winning 9-10 games for the most part. If Rhule does that he will definitely be fine. Michigan has higher standards than we do at this point.

GBR305

Linebacker
Fuck the lack of an offensive identity, the horrible situational playcalling, the fact that getting a first down feels like getting a root canal.

What I'm angry at is that we're paying him $1.4 million a year for this load of horseshit. We could have hired an actually elite OC with half of the money we're paying Satterfield. He had two good games at South Carolina & one decent season at Temple (he wasn't even Matt Rhule's best OC) and he's getting paid like he's Eric Bieniemy or some shit.

Blbmeb

Linebacker
Elite Member
Some of you guys kill me. You can’t win the Kentucky derby riding a jackass. It was so obvious the talent gap and depth today it was ridiculous. And as far as identity goes, we have run the ball all year, but when you get down 28-0 that quick things change. For the most part all teams run most of the same plays and concepts anyway. They all steal from each other.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Fuck the lack of an offensive identity, the horrible situational playcalling, the fact that getting a first down feels like getting a root canal.

What I'm angry at is that we're paying him $1.4 million a year for this load of horseshit. We could have hired an actually elite OC with half of the money we're paying Satterfield. He had two good games at South Carolina & one decent season at Temple (he wasn't even Matt Rhule's best OC) and he's getting paid like he's Eric Bieniemy or some shit.
Satt ain't worth a tenth of what he's being paid. Straight robbery. Ordinary Nebraskans getting fleeced by this imposter of an OC

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Against P5 Opponents this offense is historically bad:

Plays/GameYards/GamePoints/GameYards/PointRz Pts/GamePts/RZ Att3rd Down %

To put some of this into context here's where these stats would rank nationally this year (out of 133)

Plays/Game: 55 (130th)
Yards/Game: 313 (107th)
Points/Game: 10.3 (129th)
Yards/Point: 30.55 (132nd)
RZ Pts/Game: 3.3 (133rd) This is fucking laughable
Pts/RZ Att: 2.0 (133rd)
3rd Down %: 35.29% (93rd)

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member

To put some of this into context here's where these stats would rank nationally this year (out of 133)

10. fucking. points. a game.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Satt ain't worth a tenth of what he's being paid. Straight robbery. Ordinary Nebraskans getting fleeced by this imposter of an OC
There is no reason to be mad at Satterfield. It’s good to have connections. If you want to be pissed be pissed at Rhule for hiring him.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

It’s going to be brutal offensively the whole season.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
We need to call the plays where we have a better QB, WRs, and an OL. And damn right we should blame Rhule for putting us in this position where we aren't calling plays that give us different players.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
It’s going to be brutal offensively the whole season.
I refuse to believe we're not capable of more, and I assume that's what OP is getting at. No more G5 teams on the schedule to pad stats.

Design an offense capable of being 90th in the country (21 PPG) and I'll give you a bowl team. An offense ranked 75th (24 PPG) probably gets us 8-4. Problem is we need to improve drastically to be the 90th best offense in the country. Just pitiful.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We need to call the plays where we have a better QB, WRs, and an OL. And damn right we should blame Rhule for putting us in this position where we aren't calling plays that give us different players.
Yes.

There are some fucking morons on this board (as well as Tater Island).

If you're saying this tonight you're an idiot: "Yes, NU has a roster that's hot garbage, but if we had a different staff we'd be more equal to Michigan (the #2 team in the country)." I've read this moronic take all over TPB. You can't have it both ways.

Assistant coaches are not wizards & warlocks. We're 4-5 TDs worse than Michigan (a Michigan that's playing that hard & sharp as they were today). Different assistant coaches wouldn't have changed that today.

Hell, you all thought White was an A+ hire and the UM offense went through our D like a hot knife through butter today. Michigan is just better than us - you trying to pin the loss on this asst coach or that asst coach just makes you look dumb.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds