Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking official LA Tech post game thread overreactions (2 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
As many glaring problems as there are right now, that's one thing that gives me some hope about Satt & Rhule - they're not trying to force something that ain't happening right now.
I find it really hard to evaluate the offense other than to say: the talent level is really, really, really low. We have to have the worst talent level on offense in the B1G (I honestly don't know about NW). Our WR talent HAS to be the worst in the B1G. And I'm assuming the OL talent level would be dead last.

I honestly don't know how you can evaluate anyone fairly (players or coaches) when the skill and talent level is so low. 🤷‍♂️

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Starts Freaking Out GIF

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I hear a lot about how Satterfield is too pass happy, but then I read this.

“Entering Saturday, the Huskers ranked last in the Power 5 in pass attempts per game (21.7)“

And the BTN guys said we had run it on 86% of first downs coming into the game.

So I don’t know. Seems like we are fairly dedicated to RTDB.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
-All coaches on offensive side of the ball should be fired yesterday.
-Too many white players on NU
-Glad to see Grant get the majority of the carries. He's been our best back for two years now.
-Pass rush and tackling was fucking trash today. Hope that doesn't become a trend.
-Bitchigan gonna do to us what Oregon did to CU, only worse
Pass defense - F

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

“Entering Saturday, the Huskers ranked last in the Power 5 in pass attempts per game (21.7)“

losing wedding crashers GIF

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

I heard that start about 1st downs, too. Then we got sacked on the first 2 1st down pass attempts and I was wishing for 100%

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
My observations:

• The defense looked human at times today. I thought they missed more tackles than they had been in the first three games. I was beginning to fantasize about our D being good enough to keep us in the Michigan game. I’m not so optimistic now.
• Grant was seeing the holes well today.
• Teddy is well enough to play as an extra blocking tight end. Can we give him a series or two at left tackle? I don’t watch the OL much during games, but when I do, Corcoran is whiffing blocks.
• Kinda feel bad for Sims. He gets one play and it turns out to be a total clusterfuck, which will add to his reputation of screwing up. But I am guessing it was EJohnson playing offense for the first time that screwed up.
• I don’t think Ives played (unless he came in late after the rain delay- I didn’t catch all of that). Are we really going to try to get through the season with just two running backs? At least until the final four games to preserve Ives’ redshirt?
• Coleman started the game. Played the first two plays then not again that I noticed.
• Except for coverage breakdowns like the Fidone touchdown, our WRs could not get separation at all. The LATech coverage was tight.
• Looks like with all the help needed at WR, Hill has switched over to O nearly full time. He played a lot more offense than defense today, though he still played some D. Previous games he just came in for a play or two. Today he was in the regular WR rotation.
• As someone mentioned above, I caught Grant’s postgame interview and it was a rough listen. His constant use of “you know what I mean” is more than a verbal tick, it’s more like a disability along the lines of a stutter. He said it every time he took a breath. Twice, he strung together three consecutive YKWIM’s with no other words in between. I thought it was kind of funny when I heard it earlier in the year, but now I feel bad for him. I hope he can get some help, or at least it’s just something that just happens when he’s nervous on the radio. I hope he doesn’t talk to his friends like that.
• LOL, Colorado.

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I find it really hard to evaluate the offense other than to say: the talent level is really, really, really low. We have to have the worst talent level on offense in the B1G (I honestly don't know about NW). Our WR talent HAS to be the worst in the B1G. And I'm assuming the OL talent level would be dead last.

I honestly don't know how you can evaluate anyone fairly (players or coaches) when the skill and talent level is so low. 🤷‍♂️
it's the worst WR room I've seen in college football this year. our only guy with a semblance of quickness is 5'6". Nobody scared of Alex Bullock at this level. Washington seems to have checked out entirely. Every other school in the country, even bad teams, can find a couple athletes at WR except us for some reason.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
One thing I thought about last week but basically confirmed against La Tech is that HH isn't getting through the year uninjured. I'm highly doubtful about Anthony Grant as well. Could be a situation like getting so beat up by Michigan that we lose to Illinois because of it. HH has to find a way to take less big hits and Nebraska has got to spread the ball around a bit more. Time to get creative.

Final note: Turner Corcoran is dogshit. We could set a refrigerator out there at his spot and get about the same out of it.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
One thing I thought about last week but basically confirmed against La Tech is that HH isn't getting through the year uninjured. I'm highly doubtful about Anthony Grant as well. Could be a situation like getting so beat up by Michigan that we lose to Illinois because of it. HH has to find a way to take less big hits and Nebraska has got to spread the ball around a bit more. Time to get creative.

Final note: Turner Corcoran is dogshit. We could set a refrigerator out there at his spot and get about the same out of it.
We'd get more out of the fridge imho

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Can’t generate a pass rush with 4. Our 8 sacks against shit ass colorado created an illusion.

I’m worried Tony White has tipped his hand a bit on film. A few times we were in zone their qb knew exactly where to go and did it fast. It was like they saw a look on tape and we showed it again during the game.

Missed tackles suck.

Really curious to see both our rush offense and rush defense against an elite opponent. Both have been top 10, but against pretty weak competition.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Can’t generate a pass rush with 4. Our 8 sacks against shit ass colorado created an illusion.

I’m worried Tony White has tipped his hand a bit on film. A few times we were in zone their qb knew exactly where to go and did it fast. It was like they saw a look on tape and we showed it again during the game.

Missed tackles suck.

Really curious to see both our rush offense and rush defense against an elite opponent. Both have been top 10, but against pretty weak competition.
I think no Cam Lenhardt hurt on the rushing side, he’s a beast

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not to mention Minnesota… oh, wait.
Lol.. I figured this was coming when I turned on the end of the Minny-Northwestern game. Maybe I should have said Cockeye and their 76 yards a 4 first downs instead. The point is, the BIG West is as weak as it's ever been. Every West game is winnable. Our D and a running game can work, even as limited as it is.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds