Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Who do you want to be Nebraska’s QB? (1 Viewer)

Who would you choose to lead us next year?

• Total voters

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Do we know who our competition for Brennan is? Who else wants this guy? That will tell me how to feel about him...
Not really sure, but thought I read something a while ago that Wisconsin might be taking a look at him.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Really tough to believe lol
Yeah, I have no idea. I'd prefer we go after M. Johnson.... and his TE brother, but either would be a big upgrade to our QB room. Rattler just seems like a complete douche.... he's hard to like.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I'm not really sold at all on Brennan. Lot of time holding a clipboard, but one of the least experienced QBs in the portal snap wise.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I'm hearing noise that Rattler is N.....supposedly through an insider from the Michigan board with a good track record of being proven correct. I have no idea of its legitimacy but is coming from a coworker who always has his ear to the ground for college football matters.
This would be an astoundingly stealth move for this program because they have basically been able to get anyone remotely legitimate to deny there is anything to Rattler at all.

Having said that, ready for to see dreams come true.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Brennan is probably the only one we actually have a shot at and after watching some film from 2020 he definitely has a good arm. I voted Rattler mostly for the hype factor but I'm okay with Brennan.

will ferrell sword GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not really sold at all on Brennan. Lot of time holding a clipboard, but one of the least experienced QBs in the portal snap wise.

Hell go with Jack Miller. OSU’s third stringer is probably better than most.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
RSS update on Brennan not super positive. Would prefer to stay in SEC and seems to really want to go play at Ole Miss.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
RSS update on Brennan not super positive. Would prefer to stay in SEC and seems to really want to go play at Ole Miss.
Would guess Ole Miss has others higher on their QB board than him. I still feel okay about our chances with him.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
However, with the Netflix series that shows him in HS, him immediately removing OU from social media after getting benched and everything we know about how big of a douche he is, you really think that's the kind of player Nebraska needs right now? You think he would take well to losing like every game by one score?
For some reason I envision a scenario where he throws his mouthpiece at a fan after an INT and then is never seen in a Husker uniform again as we stumble through the rest of the season with an unprepared Smothers and Haarberg

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member

I don’t know a ton about QB mechanics but I think he looks pretty damn good.

I can’t tell he throws off his back foot a lot but that is correctable with good coaching.

What’s not correctable with coaching is athleticism, arm strength, accuracy, and a killer instinct, and he seems to have all of those.

Also, if you look at the plays they run, it is eerily similar to the concepts we ran this last season. Not sure how much Whipple changes things.

Last edited:

Blbmeb

Linebacker
Elite Member
What I never understood is why we are always recruiting QBs with “correctable” issues. If you don’t like them then don’t recruit them in the first place.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
What I never understood is why we are always recruiting QBs with “correctable” issues. If you don’t like them then don’t recruit them in the first place.
Because there’s about 3 QB’s nationally each recruiting cycle who have great physical attributes as well as refined mechanics.

You take the ones with the physical tools and hope the mechanical stuff clicks.

And the Pauley kid is a baseball recruit who happens to also play football. Being a bit picky about a bonus kid who doesn’t even use a scholarship.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Because there’s about 3 QB’s nationally each recruiting cycle who have great physical attributes as well as refined mechanics.

You take the ones with the physical tools and hope the mechanical stuff clicks.

And the Pauley kid is a baseball recruit who happens to also play football. Being a bit picky about a bonus kid who doesn’t even use a scholarship.
Shockingly, I agree

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds