Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Posting this for Debate purposes: Is Turd in over his head as the AD of a Power 5 program? (1 Viewer)

Does Turd appear to be in over his head trying to hire a football coach for a Power 5 Program?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
Question for the Turd fanboys - what has he done at NU that makes you go "wow, Turd is doing a good job!" or "wow, Turd is such a good AD!"?

I mean, really. C'mon.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I voted yes until proven otherwise.
This is exactly what I was going to say. Turd is exactly what we complain about here: a hire made based on 90s nostalgia w/o requisite experience. He's never hired a P5 coach. There is too much smoke around him interviewing Patterson and Monken for me not to think he's out of his depth here unless he proves otherwise.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Question for the Turd fanboys - what has he done at NU that makes you go "wow, Turd is doing a good job!" or "wow, Turd is such a good AD!"?

I mean, really. C'mon.
That argument could be made also. I love the variety of comments and stances. Gotta be tough to hire a coach and negotiate everything, especially if we are dealing with a Buy Out with Carolina. I've negotiated literally 1,000's of music/concert contracts and so many weird twists & turns. It got even more complicated when moving up to dealing with bigger and bigger bands. Took me a while to learn and I did make my fair share of mistakes. And learned from them. Music Industry execs can be real snakes at times.

I'm just wondering if so far Husker fans think Turd appears in over his head hiring a coach?

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I mean, really. C'mon.
The hire will determine everything and we won’t know for 2-4 years. I thought Turd should have whacked Frost’s ass last year, but I’m pretty sure the backing wasn’t there, so what was he going to do? I will say on the handling of the buyout of Frost if Turd doesn’t pay for a top candidate he will look like a fool. However if his hire produces whether it’s one of the top candidates or not no one will give a shit about paying Frost that money down the road.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
The hire will determine everything and we won’t know for 2-4 years. I thought Turd should have whacked Frost’s ass last year, but I’m pretty sure the backing wasn’t there, so what was he going to do? I will say on the handling of the buyout of Frost if Turd doesn’t pay for a top candidate he will look like a fool. However if his hire produces whether it’s one of the top candidates or not no one will give a shit about paying Frost that money down the road.
The hire will determine everything and we'll be able to judge almost immediately. We bring in Campbell or Monken or Chadwell or BOHL then Turd is a fucking potato. End of story.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
People who think everybody is panicking, you have to keep in mind Monken has, by several reports, been on Turd's list since last year.

You're goddamn right that people are nervous that the guy who says he doesn't want to win the press conference and has had an irrational interest in Army's coach since before we had a job opening will make a hire that ruins our lives.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The hire will determine everything and we'll be able to judge almost immediately. We bring in Campbell or Monkey Tits or Chadwell or BOHL then Turd is a fucking potato. End of story.
I get that but lets say it’s Aranda, Rhule, or Gundy. You never know. Do I think they will do well? Yes. How well, IDK. I also don’t know what most Husker fans expectations are now. Do we want 8-9 wins a year or do we want a championship caliber team?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
I get that but lets say it’s Aranda, Rhule, or Gundy. You never know. Do I think they will do well? Yes. How well, IDK. I also don’t know what most Husker fans expectations are now. Do we want 8-9 wins a year or do we want a championship caliber team?
Those would be closer to being a sure thing. They would be quality hires and would be understandable. If someone of that caliber fails then it's not on Turd, imo

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Those would be closer to being a sure thing. They would be quality hires and would be understandable. If someone of that caliber fails then it's not on Turd, imo
The big question is what are your expectations? I think there is a fair amount of coaches who can get us bowling and to 8-9 wins. I’m not sold on many who can’t make us a National power again.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
The big question is what are your expectations? I think there is a fair amount of coaches who can get us bowling and to 8-9 wins. I’m not sold on many who can’t make us a National power again.
My expectation is to hire one of the best coaches available. The rumoured candidates like Monken, Campbell, GPat, BOHL, etc are not some of the best coaches available.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
My expectation is to hire one of the best coaches available. The rumoured candidates like Monkey Tits, Campbell, GPat, BOHL, etc are not some of the best coaches available.
What are your expectations for Nebraska as a program? I don’t give a shit about the coach being hired right now. Will you be happy with 8-9 win seasons or are you looking for playoff births?

TalaricoHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
He gave such a typical political suit and tie answer last night it really ticked me off and some of my friends. One friend said he down right hates the man and that he should pound sand for how this has gone

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
What are your expectations for Nebraska as a program? I don’t give a shit about the coach being hired right now. Will you be happy with 8-9 win seasons or are you looking for playoff births?
My expectation of the program is that we spend what it takes to get us into a good position to be successful. The rumoured candidates like Soup, Monken, etc are not that.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I want playing for conference championships and contending for the occasional playoff spot. If I was happy settling for 8-9 wins/season I would be an Cockeye fan. They are happy with being an OK team. I want to be competitive with anyone in the country.

NCsker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
This process has been going on quite a while and many fans are getting worried. Rumors are trending in the wrong direction and his interview last night was anything but impressive. He sounded like a politician answering the questions without actually answering them. Catering to the common fan at best. With our tradition, fan support and financial resources we should be able to compete for most potential coaches, especially if we are willing to over pay if needed for the right coach. We fired a coach in a time frame that might have cost us $7.5 Million more compared to waiting 2 more weeks. Where do you stand on Turd after 2 months of his coaching search?
I’m curious if the USC message boards were wondering the same thing about Mike Bohn this same time last year.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ohio State Football GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds