Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ravi This Morning…. (1 Viewer)

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
They're exactly the same as Cockeye fans. An elevated sense of smugness despite the fact they have never won anything of substance.
How could you say that? They made it to the Sweet 16 last season. Not many teams (16) do that EVERY year!!! Next logical step is NC. There's nothing in the middle.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Not a shot at you at all - but perhaps they had the mentality that a lot of CU fans shared, that they would just waltz all over Nebrasketball and Fred would just bend the knee? Again, not a shot at you, but I think that had to have played a factor. CU was being put on a pedestal before playing a game this season.

I actually totally agree with this. I thought CU looked totally disinterested from the tip and didn’t expect to end up in a fight and all and by the time they realized Nebraska wasn’t going away it was too late.

I could buy the idea that Pickle Smoochers was looking past Nebraska. Or thought they wouldn’t have to play as hard as they just did to win.

I’d ask how much we think Nebraska forced Pickle Smoochers into shots they didn’t want? I can’t for the life of me recall a single time Pickle Smoochers was able to get the ball to Kalkbrenner on the block. Once Nebraska addressed their help side defense on the lobs he really wasn’t much of a factor in my opinion.

Walker is just a “different” big man. He’s just weird compared to your typical bigs in CBB. He did a great job on Kalkbrenner last night and I think had he not been suspended Nebraska is 7-2 or 8-1 instead of 6-3.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
How could you say that? They made it to the Sweet 16 last season. Not many teams (16) do that EVERY year!!! Next logical step is NC. There's nothing in the middle.

Did CU even make it to the Sweet 16 last year? I thought they lost in the round of 32.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Truth. All people from Omaha are one moment away from derangement.
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Shut Up GIF

Mythosaur

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I think Nebraska did a good job of making anything inside the arc the more challenging option and CU was too lazy and undisciplined to do the hard work to get better looks. Nebraska baited CU into taking a bunch of 3s and it obviously worked.

Walker is an interesting matchup for a big, if kalkbrenner wasn’t up to it, I would’ve liked to see some adjustments on either him or Griesel by sending doubles or mixing up coverages. I thought there were a lot of options CU could’ve tried to change the course of things but instead they just kept jacking up 3s and letting walker and Griesel go to work one on one. Again, credit to Nebraska for executing a game plan for 40 minutes but CUs failures played a huge role in the result.

I could buy the idea that Pickle Smoochers was looking past Nebraska. Or thought they wouldn’t have to play as hard as they just did to win.

I’d ask how much we think Nebraska forced Pickle Smoochers into shots they didn’t want? I can’t for the life of me recall a single time Pickle Smoochers was able to get the ball to Kalkbrenner on the block. Once Nebraska addressed their help side defense on the lobs he really wasn’t much of a factor in my opinion.

Walker is just a “different” big man. He’s just weird compared to your typical bigs in CBB. He did a great job on Kalkbrenner last night and I think had he not been suspended Nebraska is 7-2 or 8-1 instead of 6-3.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don't know who this Ravi character is but he sounds awful.

I'm basing this on 2 things:
  1. His name is Ravi
  2. He cheers for Pickle Smoochers

Dude was on 93.7 for a hot second and was unbearable to listen to. I remember listening to one segment where he was trying to come off as some gym rat always lifting, blah, blah, blah and then I went on Twitter to look him up and he was a fat piece of shit...

Mythosaur

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Never been the leanest guy but this picture is from right around when I started at 93.7. Also have benched 405, squatted 445 and deadlifted 500 both traditional and sumo with videos to prove it. So maybe that’s a fat piece of shit to you, but I was pretty happy with my results at the time.CA067DA7-9113-4E36-A899-8D48A1C84F6B.jpeg

Dude was on 93.7 for a hot second and was unbearable to listen to. I remember listening to one segment where he was trying to come off as some gym rat always lifting, blah, blah, blah and then I went on Twitter to look him up and he was a fat piece of shit...

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Never been the leanest guy but this picture is from right around when I started at 93.7. Also have benched 405, squatted 445 and deadlifted 500 both traditional and sumo with videos to prove it. So maybe that’s a fat piece of shit to you, but I was pretty happy with my results at the time.View attachment 17573
Going to have to use your quicks @jaihawk. Think you'd be in trouble if you went toe to toe.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Kind of like driving through Omaha…it’s fun to look around, but yer rolling up your windows and locking the doors while you do it.
Right. Omaha rolling up windows and locking doors to reduce risk of criminals. 308 rolling up windows to avoid the smell.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds