Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Rhule gives details on offense (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

excited andy samberg GIF
jizz in my pants GIF
jizz in my pants GIF
jizz in my pants GIF
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by The Lonely Island

one GIF
ringing bell GIF

@God is a Husker GITTT!

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
There's a place for fat RBs, but sparingly. Personal preference is the Y-off TE/H-back role.
I would want a Vokolek or a Stoll type TE and then a Fidone or Allen type.

The only time I would really want a fat RB is goal line or short yardage. That way you can add a gap to either side and make it harder on the defense.

But if you are going too much with 22 and not with 2 RBs you are taking away a receiving threat.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I still think fullback is going to come back en vogue to at least some degree CFB offenses in the not-too-distant future, as nearly every defense overhauls their defense to be overwhelmingly coverage personnel, and the FB creates a physical mismatch. Just the way the cycle goes.
They already have for the most part as the last 5-6 years you've seen more and more of the hybrid TE - working the FB position in y-off. Creates gaps on either side of the formation and better PAP threat. Can still insert into the formation to create more gaps.

Vast majority of defensive evolution the last 5-10 years has been away from coverage, but for how to fit the run game with RPO threats.

But as you mentioned, I think the FB does create some mismatches in todays game because most teams simply don't do it much, and most defenses anymore pretty much install their base from a nickel standpoint as a starting point. But they still deal with everything a FB does with the Y-off stuff.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would want a Vokolek or a Stoll type TE and then a Fidone or Allen type.

The only time I would really want a fat RB is goal line or short yardage. That way you can add a gap to either side and make it harder on the defense.

But if you are going too much with 22 and not with 2 RBs you are taking away a receiving threat.

Need a Kyle Juszczyk type. I know those guys are one in a million though

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds