Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rouse gone (3 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I disagree with Wilson here because of the need factor with our line. Even if he would be average it’s a big step up from where we’ve been at the tackle position and you don’t have to worry about a guy like Corcoran playing out of position.
True but we have huge needs at like 8 out of 22 positions. We're not winning the West this year. We're likely talking about 4-8 to 6-6 range. With a bunch of luck maybe you get 8-4. But I can see Rhule/1890 not wanting to blow the bank on a bunch of 1 yr mercenaries to get a couple extra wins.

If we were coming off a 8-4 season then it'd make a lot more sense. But 4-8 when our HC usually tears everything out in 1st yr of his projects.... it honestly doesn't make much sense. And I'm not saying don't buy ANY players I'm just questioning whether it's worth it to vastly overpay for a guy who could be Ochaun Mathis pt 2.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Does anyone seriously know how much Rouse was offered in NIL or are they just making shit up?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Does anyone seriously know how much Rouse was offered in NIL or are they just making shit up?
No one will ever know these true amounts IMHO.

But the rumor was $500k for Rouse and we got outbid. The Ochaun Mathis winning bid was rumored to be $650k. The player statuses are kind of similar, so I could see them going for similar rates. Though Mathis had 2 yrs of eligibility so he's more expensive.

But yeah no one really knows these deals.

Freebird

Wingback
Insider
Even at that point you throw a high number back.
I read that Mathis made 600k last year for one year so if Rouse, who is in the highest position of need for us, was only offered 500k, that’s serious disservice by 1890

But also I would probably believe it since we just lost out on two lineman in the same week because of our NIL

Freebird

Wingback
Insider
No one will ever know these true amounts IMHO.

But the rumor was $500k for Rouse and we got outbid. The Ochaun Mathis winning bid was rumored to be $650k. The player statuses are kind of similar, so I could see them going for similar rates. Though Mathis had 2 yrs of eligibility so he's more expensive.

But yeah no one really knows these deals.
Lmao WILD that you and I just had almost the same exact reply

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
I read that Mathis made 600k last year for one year so if Rouse, who is in the highest position of need for us, was only offered 500k, that’s serious disservice by 1890

But also I would probably believe it since we just lost out on two lineman in the same week because of our NIL
we need to SELL nebraksa on porkin farm girls, learning to run block , and Eatin chili and cinnamon rolls FARRRTTT

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
It depends how bad you need a left tackle. Get use to this. If you need a guy bad enough you’re going to have to open the checkbook and possibly overpay. Look at the bright side before NIL this guy wouldn’t have gave us the time of day. We just need to finish the deal. These south schools are showing we better step up our NIL game. We just got beat out by two for linemen.
Out bidding is one thing. Renegotiating after a deal has already been agreed upon by both parties is something slime balls do.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

This also a possibility. He might have went back to OU and said get close or match their price, and I’m yours because he really didn’t like what Rhule and Raiola had to sell compared to OU. Either way we lost a pretty big need for next year.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
True but we have huge needs at like 8 out of 22 positions. We're not winning the West this year. We're likely talking about 4-8 to 6-6 range. With a bunch of luck maybe you get 8-4. But I can see Rhule/1890 not wanting to blow the bank on a bunch of 1 yr mercenaries to get a couple extra wins.

If we were coming off a 8-4 season then it'd make a lot more sense. But 4-8 when our HC usually tears everything out in 1st yr of his projects.... it honestly doesn't make much sense. And I'm not saying don't buy ANY players I'm just questioning whether it's worth it to vastly overpay for a guy who could be Ochaun Mathis pt 2.
What is blowing the bank?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Out bidding is one thing. Renegotiating after a deal has already been agreed upon by both parties is something slime balls do.
Idk it’s recruiting. It’s not that much different than the past when a kid flips at the last minute. Like I said get use to it. With NIL you’re going to see even more late flips. I also don’t feel sorry for coaches when they take off from their jobs all the time for better opportunities.

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
Idk it’s recruiting. It’s not that much different than the past when a kid flips at the last minute. Like I said get use to it. With NIL you’re going to see even more late flips. I also don’t feel sorry for coaches when they take off from their jobs all the time for better opportunities.
No. I have been in sales for 25 years and I can’t stand people that shake your hand and give their word then 15 minutes later they are trying to renegotiate. Not a year after out performing their deal, I am talking about situations where literally nothing has changed since the deal was made. When you shake on a deal and you are a full grown man then you stick to it and stop pursuing a better one.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
No. I have been in sales for 25 years and I can’t stand people that shake your hand and give their word then 15 minutes later they are trying to renegotiate. Not a year after out performing their deal, I am talking about situations where literally nothing has changed since the deal was made. When you shake on a deal and you are a full grown man then you stick to it and stop pursuing a better one.
That’s fine but this shit happens all the time in recruiting. Sometimes we are on the good end of flips and sometimes we aren’t. This one really sucks because it was at a big position of need.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds