Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

RSS Has it all wrong (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I know. My thread title is essentially like saying Hank Williams Jr on a typical weeknight in the 90s is gonna punch his mouthy wife.

RSS thinks that for us to agree to play tOSU again that the demand should be we get one of the bowl slots. That’s not far enough, in my opinion. I agree a bowl slot is what we should want. I would also say we make monetary demands as well.

Sorry, but this year we had a huge hand in making football happen and us playing tOSU for a second time would again be us taking one for the conference. In my opinion, we would have a lot of grounds to ask for more of the TV dollars. Sorry, but a school like Minnesota, Michigan, and even Wisconsin are talking about playing like 5 or less games. Give us their TV dollars. We have a facility to pay for now.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I don't think we are in a position to demand anything from anyone right now. There is such a huge disconnect between the political/PR aspects of handling the schedule and testing results, and our actual play on the field....which has been dogshit. We would be better served to just ignore the external "what-ifs" and focus on getting better.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don't think we are in a position to demand anything from anyone right now. There is such a huge disconnect between the political/PR aspects of handling the schedule and testing results, and our actual play on the field....which has been dogshit. We would be better served to just ignore the external "what-ifs" and focus on getting better.

We are in every position to demand what we want right now IF the scenario comes to pass where tOSU has to play one more game and we’re the only team available to play.

1) We are one of about three reasons any school gets any TV money this year

2) We’ve played more games than the other schools we could justifiably ask to get a portion of their TV money from

3) From 11-17 this shit conference got away with not giving us a full share of big ten revenue while they made money off our brand and pocketed

4) tOSU doesn’t play for a Natty without us playing them which means a ton to the conference bell cow

The idea you don’t think practicing more for a bowl game and playing another game means we’d get better is really weird.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who are we demanding a bowl slot from, the B10?

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
The idea you don’t think practicing more for a bowl game and playing another game means we’d get better is really weird.
I never said that. We need all the practice we can get...we are below mediocre.

Just the notion that we would demand something and the BIG would listen is what is unconscionable.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I never said that. We need all the practice we can get...we are below mediocre.

Just the notion that we would demand something and the BIG would listen is what is unconscionable.

Our game against tOSU this year was the highest rated CFB game all year. So it’s not really. And again... in this scenario we can say no since we’ve already played them and it’s all over for the best team in the conference.

To edit this... if you think we don’t have any leverage here... then we truly don’t have much to gain from playing tOSU and getting hammered. So we can just walk. We’ll see how everyone reacts in that scenario then. Something tells me they wouldn’t be all for just letting us walk without listening.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
How about the football team just play a football game against another football team because they are both football teams needing another football team to play?

How about we leverage our position to get things we want to and not act like cucks?

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
How about we leverage our position to get things we want to and not act like cucks?
Hey Big 10, we won’t play unless you give into our demands, even though that could hurt the Big 10’s chances off having a member play in the playoffs. That would go over great with Nebraska’s conference partners who would like the extra money from having a playoff team. I can’t imagine the amount of negative press Nebraska would get from the National media.

Nebraska has had plenty of embarrassing moments on the field over the last two decades. There’s no reason to extend that embarrassment to off-the-field activities as well.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Hey Big 10, we won’t play unless you give into our demands, even though that could hurt the Big 10’s chances off having a member play in the playoffs. That would go over great with Nebraska’s conference partners who would like the extra money from having a playoff team. I can’t imagine the amount of negative press Nebraska would get from the National media.

Nebraska has had plenty of embarrassing moments on the field over the last two decades. There’s no reason to extend that embarrassment to off-the-field activities as well.

It’s not going to get any worse than what we saw from August 10th to November 1st and we aren’t in this shithole to make friends. When you’ve got leverage, you use it.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I feel like I'm pretty lost ITT

I'm a thinker not a feeler, and I think I'm confused and even slightly lost. Whatever the bargaining chips are, I don't see it going public. Just not how the B1G rolls.

You might have big dick Ted Carter drop a nugget accidentally after all is said and one.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Idk. I think if anyone approaches you about another game, you say that you'll play because that's what you wanted to do all year

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member

I stopped caring about the national media a few years ago. You've got idiots like Desmond Coward that should be fired for numerous things not involving Nebraska and the Mizzou grad that hasn't had a good article in. years. Those are not people I strive to impress.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I know. My thread title is essentially like saying Hank Williams Jr on a typical weeknight in the 90s is gonna punch his mouthy wife.

RSS thinks that for us to agree to play tOSU again that the demand should be we get one of the bowl slots. That’s not far enough, in my opinion. I agree a bowl slot is what we should want. I would also say we make monetary demands as well.

Sorry, but this year we had a huge hand in making football happen and us playing tOSU for a second time would again be us taking one for the conference. In my opinion, we would have a lot of grounds to ask for more of the TV dollars. Sorry, but a school like Minnesota, Michigan, and even Wisconsin are talking about playing like 5 or less games. Give us their TV dollars. We have a facility to pay for now.
I’ll text the Moos......😜👍

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
My only complaint about a game against tOSU (or anyone else for that matter) this late in the year is the virtual guarantee that the cheerleaders will be wearing parkas.

Perky > Parka.
Will you help me buy a damn tv and quit worrying about nipples......😘

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds