Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Scottsbluff recs (3 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Thanks! It’s my wife, my 4 month old son and me.

there is some good pizza places if you don't want to go anywhere with the baby

zoo is great but my 18 month old son can hardly pay attention at a zoo, don't know how your 4 month old will do

the tangled tumbleweed would be a great for a date with the wifey if somebody can watch the baby

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Headed wayyyy out west for a couple days. Need recommendations for food, hiking, sight seeing. I did see they have a brewery so we’ll definitely be checking that out. Thanks everyone!
Guess it's time I check in, 54. What are you thinking regarding food. If yore here for a wedding, that's going to take up most of yore time. When do you get into town and what are you looking for in the way of food ?? Assuming you know that SB is well known for the Mexican restaurants. Reality is that most of them are somewhat "Americanized" regarding the menus. Still really good but only a few have a menu that is more authentic. Need to know what you want. Rostita's, El Charrito, Ole's, El Mocajete, Taco Town would be our top 5. Many others tho.

The Flyover Brewery is what yore thinking of for our local craft beer spot. It's a decent place and they have continued to upgrade their food menu as well. I'm a boring old Bud Light fuckhead so take my thoughts fwiw. There's a hole-in-the wall dive bar that will have the best burger in SB imho, simply known as Hights Tavern. Don't forget to order the truffle fries. Da bomb....... :ROFLMAO: :love: The Flyover and Hight's are both downtown SB and only a block or so from each other. Our fave hometown spot is the Union Bar in Gering. Happy hour from 2-6 offering 22 ounce Bud Light draws for $2. Best Happy Hour you will ever find anywhere. And their burgers are solid. Check out the "Diet Burger"........:love::ROFLMAO:(y)

Best hiking is the 1.6 mile hike up to the top of the Scottsbluff Monument. There's also a 7 mile option that I'll have to get my wife to share directions for that. The drive east of Gering to Chimney Rock is worth it and also south from Gering to the Wildcat Hills. Hiking at the Wildcats as well.

Send me a DM if you want, as to who's getting married and any other questions you may have as to the local area. Would welcome the chance to but you a beer if time allows. Either way, have a great time and enjoy the lack of humidity compared to eastern Nebraska.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
The tangled tumbleweed is a good fancy boy place but I preferred it before the name change.

do not stay at the super 8 next to the sugar beat factory

Riverside golf course is great and the zoo is fun

are you going to this wedding alone? AKA are you looking for a place you can get some cowgirl ass or a place to impress your plus one?
How long has it been since you've been to our little corner of the world?? I know you've mentioned the Tangled Tumbleweed in another thread. Mostly a girl place for the white wine sippers or cosmo drinkers. Most self-respecting local males don't get within 2 blocks of this place. It's fine but not my deal. Remember that one of my bucket list items is to drink Silver Bullets with @Woodrow F Call til one of us passes out. :love:

Will be in touch if we ever make it to McCook for golf. Have a client in Curtis that I need to drive down and see but that probably won't include a McCook stop.

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
The tangled tumbleweed is a good fancy boy place but I preferred it before the name change.

do not stay at the super 8 next to the sugar beat factory

Riverside golf course is great and the zoo is fun

are you going to this wedding alone? AKA are you looking for a place you can get some cowgirl ass or a place to impress your plus one?
Riverside sucks. If you can go to gering or Kimball to golf. SBCC is nice too.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Riverside sucks. If you can go to gering or Kimball to golf. SBCC is nice too.
It’s “Riverview GC” and it doesn’t suck at all. Just an older course with lots of trees. Usually in great shape. We play there 3-4 times a year.

Gering is great and haven’t played Kimball for 15 yrs. Bayard is a real gem of a western Nebraska 9 hole course and Mitchell (Scenic Knolls) is fun too.

There ya go…..

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
It’s “Riverview GC” and it doesn’t suck at all. Just an older course with lots of trees. Usually in great shape. We play there 3-4 times a year.

Gering is great and haven’t played Kimball for 15 yrs. Bayard is a real gem of a western Nebraska 9 hole course and Mitchell (Scenic Knolls) is fun too.

There ya go…..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Mitchell is nice, they had the old asst. superintendent from Kimball and he really did a good job on that course. Bayard is nice. I’m sorry but, SB public course is about the 6th nicest in the Panhandle. All the money people in Scottsbluff go to the CC.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Mitchell is nice, they had the old asst. superintendent from Kimball and he really did a good job on that course. Bayard is nice. I’m sorry but, SB public course is about the 6th nicest in the Panhandle. All the money people in Scottsbluff go to the CC.
Those who want to pony up the membership dues all go to the SBCC. Has been pretty pricey over the years. Not the circle of folks I like hanging out with for the most part. Clickish as fuck, imho.

Regarding the SB public course, you didn’t even have the name right. Riverview GC certainly does not “suck”.

Are all of yore peeps part of the blue blood Country Clubbers??

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
How long has it been since you've been to our little corner of the world?? I know you've mentioned the Tangled Tumbleweed in another thread. Mostly a girl place for the white wine sippers or cosmo drinkers. Most self-respecting local males don't get within 2 blocks of this place. It's fine but not my deal. Remember that one of my bucket list items is to drink Silver Bullets with @Woodrow F Call til one of us passes out. :love:

Will be in touch if we ever make it to McCook for golf. Have a client in Curtis that I need to drive down and see but that probably won't include a McCook stop.

last time I was in Sco Blo the Tangled Tumbleweed was the apothecary, Obama was President, Nebraska was in the "Legends" division of the Big 10 and I was working for the Nebraska Attorney General

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Those who want to pony up the membership dues all go to the SBCC. Has been pretty pricey over the years. Not the circle of folks I like hanging out with for the most part. Clickish as fuck, imho.

Regarding the SB public course, you didn’t even have the name right. Riverview GC certainly does not “suck”.

Are all of yore peeps part of the blue blood Country Clubbers??

Lol. No, I’m spoiled out here with a solid public course. We have people from Wyoming and the front range come to play on it. Aside from the CC it’s the nicest I’ve played on out here. I’m probably a bit bias though.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Lol. No, I’m spoiled out here with a solid public course. We have people from Wyoming and the front range come to play on it. Aside from the CC it’s the nicest I’ve played on out here. I’m probably a bit bias though.
You talking Gering??

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds