Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So which Huskers get drafted when? (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Near as I can tell the likely candidates are:

Jurgens
Cam Taylor-Britt
Jojo Domann
Samori Toure
Damion Daniels
Ben Stille
Austin Allen

Feel free to give a range of rounds. I'll post the correct answer later

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Domann- 3rd
Allen- 4th
Jurgens- 5th
Cam Britt- 6th

I think Allen will have a long and successful career if he can hold up pass blocking.

But he’s no where near as athletic as big time league TE’s like Kelcee, Waller, Kittle, Fant, Andrews etc

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jurgens - 7th
Cam Taylor-Britt - 6th
Jojo Domann - 5th
Samori Toure - Undrafted FA
Damion Daniels - Undrafted FA
Ben Stille - Undradted FA
Austin Allen - 5th

I think this is likely the closest ITT

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Here is the list of the recent Husker OL to get drafted in the early-to-mid rounds.

Alex Lewis 4th round - 6 years prior

Spencer Long - 3rd round - 8 years prior

Alex Henry - 4th round - 11 years prior

Richie Incognito - 3rd round - 17 years prior

Toniu Fonoti - 2nd round - 20 years prior

Dominic Riola - 2nd round - 21 years prior

It would certainly be amazing if Jurgens could have come back another year and still got drafted in the 3rd round.

In 2021 only 7 Centers were drafted. Jurgens would probably have to be the 1st Center drafted to go that high. Based on the numbers he will need to be considered one of the best Centers even to be drafted. Unless a team wants him to play Guard. (14 Guards drafted in 2021)

Last edited:

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Here is the list of the recent Husker OL to get drafted in the early-to-mid rounds.

Alex Lewis 4th round - 6 years prior

Spencer Long - 3rd round - 8 years prior

Alex Henry - 4th round - 11 years prior

Richie Incognito - 3rd round - 17 years prior

Toniu Fonoti - 2nd round - 20 years prior

Dominic Riola - 2nd round - 21 years prior

It would certainly be amazing if Jurgens could have come back another year and still got drafted in the 3rd round.

In 2021 only 7 Centers were drafted. Jurgens would probably have to be the 1st Center drafted to go that high. Based on the numbers he will need to be considered one of the best Centers even to be drafted. Unless a team wants him to play Guard. (14 Guards drafted in 2021)

I think teams will likely look at him as either a center or guard which might give him a bit more leverage.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jurgens and Daniels made really poor decisions or got really bad advice if this plays out.
Daniels for sure. Jurgens is a tough one. One of his biggest issue is his injury history. If he comes back and stays healthy 2 years without injuries improves his draft spot. That's certainly no guarantee though. Going in rhe draft even at a later round he's going to have some amount of guaranteed money that's in the 7 figures.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Daniels for sure. Jurgens is a tough one. One of his biggest issue is his injury history. If he comes back and stays healthy 2 years without injuries improves his draft spot. That's certainly no guarantee though. Going in rhe draft even at a later round he's going to have some amount of guaranteed money that's in the 7 figures.

I agree with you on Cam and I made the same point when discussing him off the board with @Faux Sean Callahan . If I were him, I probably would have left too. Or I would have needed to see the insurance plans that the university can now pay for to make sure that I would be protected in the event I got hurt. One way or the other, I’d be locking in some money.

The more I think about it and attempting to look at it outside of a fan’s perspective, I really think Daniels made a poor choice. This was the first year that he’s been in shape to play more than 15 snaps a game. While he could sneak into the 3rd day, I think with another solid year in 2022 that he’d have really jumped up some draft boards.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I have said before that the only kid that had eligiblity left that should have left early is Allen. I still think that.

But that being said if Jurgens and Daniels and CTB get drafted then good for them.

While Daniels and CTB were good players, I think they are a dime a dozen.

Jurgens athletically is amazing. I worry about his health. I worry about his size. I think he could have used another year but with his health history maybe he needed to go now before he gets hurt again.

Allen and Domann are two guys that I think have a really really good shot at playing for a long time in the NFL. Domann is a guy that can play special teams, play on 3rd down and play a ton against pass happy offenses. Allen is a no brainer to me.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Jurgens and Daniels made really poor decisions or got really bad advice if this plays out.

I agree with you on Cam and I made the same point when discussing him off the board with @Faux Sean Callahan . If I were him, I probably would have left too. Or I would have needed to see the insurance plans that the university can now pay for to make sure that I would be protected in the event I got hurt. One way or the other, I’d be locking in some money.

The more I think about it and attempting to look at it outside of a fan’s perspective, I really think Daniels made a poor choice. This was the first year that he’s been in shape to play more than 15 snaps a game. While he could sneak into the 3rd day, I think with another solid year in 2022 that he’d have really jumped up some draft boards.
This is jmo...

Daniels I think is a late round guy. I think Daniels is fairly close to his ceiling. Truth is going from a late round guy to a mid round guy isn't much of a jump. So I get why he left. I didn't see him cracking the top 3 rounds which is where you can see your value go up rather rapidly.

Cam I think being a mid 4th round guy is about 500k better than the last pick in the draft. Now I think he isn't very close to his ceiling. I think if he were to come back he is likely a top 2 round pick. If he goes where Creed Humphrey went last year it would be about a 40% jump in contact value. Now the kicker here is his injury history. I can understand him going and trying to get paid now. I do think he is leaving some money on the table though.

So I think Daniels made a smart move. I think Cam is tough decision, but I can't say I blame him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds