Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Squall 2024 (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Today we all learned what a snow squall is

What are snow squalls? Snow squalls, often associated with strong cold fronts, are a key wintertime weather hazard. They move in and out quickly, and typically last less than an hour. The sudden white-out conditions combined with falling temperatures produce icy roads in just a few minutes.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
We have them up in the mountains every once and awhile. They issue the warning because it will go from nothing to what it looks like in the video that @Tyneb23 posted in a matter of minutes.
I live right off the golf course in NW Lincoln. You couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of you for about 20 min

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I live right off the golf course in NW Lincoln. You couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of you for about 20 min

Same over in Fallbrook. Was on my way to the Y with the boys and we couldn't see more than 2 steps in front of us. It was pretty cool, but nasty walking through it.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Same over in Fallbrook. Was on my way to the Y with the boys and we couldn't see more than 2 steps in front of us. It was pretty cool, but nasty walking through it.
Yeah I bet

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ah I was thinking of a squabble
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
I didn’t get an alert and now I feel left out. I also didn’t get the alert everyone got from OPPD about power usage earlier in the week.

Took me a little over an hour and half to go from 156th and State to 144th and Blondo and back to get my kids from daycare. That sucked ass

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I didn’t get an alert and now I feel left out. I also didn’t get the alert everyone got from OPPD about power usage earlier in the week.

Took me a little over an hour and half to go from 156th and State to 144th and Blondo and back to get my kids from daycare. That sucked ass
All the construction around you probably isn’t helping.

My in-laws live about 30 streets west of you and the usual route I take was closed.

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
All the construction around you probably isn’t helping.

My in-laws live about 30 streets west of you and the usual route I take was closed.
No construction whatsoever on the path I take. I left the right when westview was letting out and that is always a traffic nightmare. The snow just made that 10 times worse than normal.

Edit I guess construction around me is forcing people on to 156th which is what you probably meant.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds