Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Talk me off the ledge (1 Viewer)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
How is any coach going to fix this cluster fuck? It just seems like we're cursed to always lose, no matter what any coach does to try to fix it. I don't know how many more of these games I can watch and stay sane. I know I'm being overly dramatic, but god damnit I'm so fucking tired of losing.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
flip backflip GIF by Red Bull

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I know this doesn't make much sense... but while I truly believe that Rhule is the perfect guy to lead NU, I also think that if we lose to Colorado I might have to bow out and check back in at the end of the season.

It's not Rhule's fault that our brains are so fried by this program that we can't handle early growing pains, but it's truly hard to keep giving time and attention to the hundreds of players/coaches who have filed through NU in the past decade who have all done the exact same insane shit, game after game, year after year. I don't think we should be overly critical or be assholes about it, but I don't blame anybody who feels jittery.

betsch

Safety
I know this doesn't make much sense... but while I truly believe that Rhule is the perfect guy to lead NU, I also think that if we lose to Colorado I might have to bow out and check back in at the end of the season.

It's not Rhule's fault that our brains are so fried by this program that we can't handle early growing pains, but it's truly hard to keep giving time and attention to the hundreds of players/coaches who have filed through NU in the past decade who have all done the exact same insane shit, game after game, year after year. I don't think we should be overly critical or be assholes about it, but I don't blame anybody who feels jittery.
I can't believe how much I've already mentally checked out. It is hard to watch a game knowing that the inevitable is coming :(

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Urban essentially said on the post game, there's a reason why this keeps happening and as a coach, and they have a good one, it's Rhule's job to figure out that Why.

This isn't some curse...this is lack of talent, lack of discipline, lack of something...

I believe Matt Rhule actually coaches his guys, so I believe he will guide us through this very well.

whoboppin

Linebacker
The Defense. If they are that good, Nebraska is going to be fine.

Until the end of the game, when typical Nebraska fuckery happened, this game reminded me of 2003 Oklahoma St. It Nebraska can lean on its defense throughout the year they can win some games while offense works out its kinks

Offense. They obviously weren't great, but Minnesota isnt usually a slouch on defense. It was on the road, and Nebraska was leaning on them in the second half. They were moving the ball, even on the drive were AG fumbled. If that can be Nebraska identity, they can win some games there. I say just commit to the run and make our offensive line good run blockers. They wont have a choice if you just keep pounding it and ponding it.

Colorado? There is no reason to freak out about them right now. They play tomorrow and we will get a glimpse at who they will be. I personally think they are going to lose by like 40+ to TCU. But we will see.

Nebraska plays in the Big Ten West, if theer defense can do that to the rest of the teams in the West, Nebraska will be just fine to do what we thoguht this season which is 6-6 or 7-5.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
How is any coach going to fix this cluster fuck? It just seems like we're cursed to always lose, no matter what any coach does to try to fix it. I don't know how many more of these games I can watch and stay sane. I know I'm being overly dramatic, but god damnit I'm so fucking tired of losing.
I think Rhule is the answer. He's good at instilling the values & culture he wants in a team and he's built up dumpster fires like us multiple times. The difference between how we shit the bed against Minny and how Frost teams shit the bed is that we looked like our coaches had a solid plan and didn't panic. I'm pretty pessimistic about the rest of this season and next season, but I think Rhule can build a strong program here.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Curses are fake and gay.

What happened was we had a legendary coach who was good enough to win even when some retards in administration or players were being retards, then a decent coach who wasn't good enough to overcome said retards, then journeyman coach who thought the good ones were retards, then another decent coach who got himself too worked up about the retards, then a retard coach with extra retarded retards in administration, then a formerly decent coach who decided to become a retard.

Now we have a really good coach who doesn't have obvious retards in administration, but has a roster that's been steeped in retardation for years.

So it's going to take probably a year or two to work the retardation out of the program.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
Curses are fake and gay.

What happened was we had a legendary coach who was good enough to win even when some retards in administration or players were being retards, then a decent coach who wasn't good enough to overcome said retards, then journeyman coach who thought the good ones were retards, then another decent coach who got himself too worked up about the retards, then a retard coach with extra retarded retards in administration, then a formerly decent coach who decided to become a retard.

Now we have a really good coach who doesn't have obvious retards in administration, but has a roster that's been steeped in retardation for years.

So it's going to take probably a year or two to work the retardation out of the program.
This is the most accurate thing ever said about husker football

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Stop targeting high risk/reward QBs who consistently lead the nation in turnovers.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Curses are fake and gay.

For our sake, I hope the retardation doesn't seep into our now non retarded coach.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds