Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tater Island - NIL Valuation (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The entire NIL thing makes me sick.
I dunno. I can't say I have a problem with the free market. When I was 18 and someone wanted to pay me $2 million to be a QB I'm not sure why I wouldn't take that. You're worth what someone is willing to pay you.

At this point, NCAA or whomever is going to be running big time college football (Sankey probably) should just completely steer into it, make the players employees and then collectively bargain a "cap" otherwise the separation between the Alabamas of the world and the Nebraska's of the world is just going to get larger and larger. At this point we're driving towards minor league football, it may not be what you want, it may not be what you like...but it's happening.

Nebraska can either do one of two things...get on board and start ante-ing up or...not and then when the top 40ish programs break off and do their own thing they can be relegated back to a more old school type collegiate program with the Oregon State's of the college football world.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
I dunno. I can't say I have a problem with the free market. When I was 18 and someone wanted to pay me $2 million to be a QB I'm not sure why I wouldn't take that. You're worth what someone is willing to pay you.

At this point, NCAA or whomever is going to be running big time college football (Sankey probably) should just completely steer into it, make the players employees and then collectively bargain a "cap" otherwise the separation between the Alabamas of the world and the Nebraska's of the world is just going to get larger and larger. At this point we're driving towards minor league football, it may not be what you want, it may not be what you like...but it's happening.

Nebraska can either do one of two things...get on board and start ante-ing up or...not and then when the top 40ish programs break off and do their own thing they can be relegated back to a more old school type collegiate program with the Oregon State's of the college football world.
I haven't put a ton of thought into it, but I agree something needs to happen to level the field - or it'll just allow the rich to get richer.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
The value they put on the social media followings is asinine, especially for a high school kid. NIL money isn't going to be coming from Intsagram, Facebook, or Twitter posts, it's literally going to be cash handed over to players from businesses and boosters.
That's not really true. It's what NIL actually is intended for, and how Lexy Sun made so much money from it. The cash handed deals are just the new way to cheat legally.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Everyone else is incredibly dense. No one has innovated in the industry until this dude does it and takes their lunch. I mean shit, 247s last innovation was the composite ranking. It took rivals YEARS to add a crystal ball feature, and they STILL don’t do a consensus ranking system.

Like everyone else in this industry is incredibly lazy, incredibly stupid, or both. If they didn’t know this guy would come up with new selling points as soon as the 247 noncompete expired I don’t even know what to say and they deserve to be buried.

In a few years he will sell Tater Island, rinse and repeat. And likely no one will innovate in the meantime (because they are lazy, stupid or both) and he will be able to bury the poor sucker that buys Tater Island.
It's like everything in life...find the niche, be better at it than anyone else, either build that brand/company or both to a degree while understanding what's coming next and build on that but don't use it in current business model, then sell company to (lazy, stupid or both) idiots.

This guy is a genius... @HuskerGarrett when you gonna sell tPB? Before you answer...the answer is DON'T

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's like everything in life...find the niche, be better at it than anyone else, either build that brand/company or both to a degree while understanding what's coming next and build on that but don't use it in current business model, then sell company to (lazy, stupid or both) idiots.

This guy is a genius... @HuskerGarrett when you gonna sell tPB? Before you answer...the answer is DON'T
Never 👎

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I assume it factors that in? 36k followers is maybe getting you a couple hundred $ per year. @HuskerGarrett has 36k. How much you getting paid Gary?
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds