Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

That 2009 Blackshirt defense (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Disgusts me to this day what that team could have been. Give me 2010’s offense with that team and they were probably an 11-1 team.
Even with that offense we should have beat Cockeye state, Virginia tech, and Texas. I was at the Texas Tech game. That game was over after our receiver didn’t go for the fumble. I think it was Niles Paul.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Even with that offense we should have beat Cockeyes state, Virginia tech, and Texas. I was at the Texas Tech game. That game was over after our receiver didn’t go for the fumble. I think it was Niles Paul.

It was Niles Paul.

All of this is true above.

Id say that our best chance to be 11-1 or even 12-0 was 2010 though.

1) No excuse to lose to a shit Texas team at home.

2) No excuse to lose to aTm on the road although we know that this one was going to be 17 on 11 all game.

3) No excuse to lose to OU in the title game after being up 17-0. If Taylor Martinez throws the ball to his favorite fan in the stands we kick a field goal to go up 20-0 and have all the momentum into the half. Instead, Travis Lewis picked it off and he was off to the races to give OU life.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It was Niles Paul.

All of this is true above.

Id say that our best chance to be 11-1 or even 12-0 was 2010 though.

1) No excuse to lose to a shit Texas team at home.

2) No excuse to lose to aTm on the road although we know that this one was going to be 17 on 11 all game.

3) No excuse to lose to OU in the title game after being up 17-0. If Taylor Martinez throws the ball to his favorite fan in the stands we kick a field goal to go up 20-0 and have all the momentum into the half. Instead, Travis Lewis picked it off and he was off to the races to give OU life.
I was at the Texas game. It actually reminded me of the tech game the prior year. We didn’t play with the energy we should have. If Martinez doesn’t get hurt in 2010 we end up with one loss that year. Our offense was garbage after he went down. Green was horrible. Burkhead out of the wildcat was our best offense.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Even with that offense we should have beat Cockeyes state, Virginia tech, and Texas. I was at the Texas Tech game. That game was over after our receiver didn’t go for the fumble. I think it was Niles Paul.
Niles Paul is somebody I never got here. It felt like he underachieved so much.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds