Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tornado Warning UNL (6 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sign me up.

I got a truck and can go grab a chainsaw.
Friday The 13Th GIF

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
Big line of storms heading towards Des Moines. Crazy if Omaha and Des Moines get hit by major tornadoes the same day.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
If anyone here is affected and needs help please let us know. We could start a fund or see if we could get some guys down to help in any way.
My sister is good, her and her neighbors are helping each other board up their broken windows and cleaning up what they can. It's a newer neighborhood so not many trees.

Unfortunately some of her neighbors weren't so lucky -

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

Herbie

Quarterback
This is crazy.
Lived in Oklahoma for the last moore tornado and this seems so much worse.

They have to cancel the game tomorrow right?

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
My sister is good, her and her neighbors are helping each other board up their broken windows and cleaning up what they can. It's a newer neighborhood so not many trees.

Unfortunately some of her neighbors weren't so lucky -

View attachment 36664
It truly is amazing how 50’ can make all the difference with weather. One house looks mostly untouched (though I’m sure there is damage), and one is completely gone.

My house is 2 miles away from where it hit in Elkhorn, and all I got here was some sprinkles. It didn’t even rain, no wind, not really anything. And then just complete destruction just down the road.

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
I got a truck a chainsaw and I can get a trailer
We’re supposed to get more rain tomorrow around 4. Gotta take the lady to the airport at like 5am and would run back to the hometown to get my polesaw, chainsaw and whatever chainsaw maintenance stuff we’d need. Still haven’t seen any organized volunteer stuff but I’m sure there will be something.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
We’re supposed to get more rain tomorrow around 4. Gotta take the lady to the airport at like 5am and would run back to the hometown to get my polesaw, chainsaw and whatever chainsaw maintenance stuff we’d need. Still haven’t seen any organized volunteer stuff but I’m sure there will be something.
There's an organized clean-up effort group meeting at the Menards in Elkhorn at 7 a.m.

There's another church group (Relevant Church) organizing one as well. I believe they're gathering at 8 a.m.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
I’m sure there will be something too, but right now they aren’t really letting anyone in at least the Elkhorn areas. Everything is blocked off.

I know many other areas outside of Elkhorn were obviously affected and will need help as well. So maybe those would be some areas to start. But I know some of the families that were hit here have had trouble just getting into their neighborhood so little has started as far as cleanup.

*see that Loud has some more details!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds