Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tornado Warning UNL (1 Viewer)

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I lived in Elkhorn until a few years ago and the house we sold is totally gone. My wife and I’s best friends still live next door so I spent the day helping them clean up. Their house was a complete loss.

As I mentioned, our old house was also totally gone. And by gone, I mean that very little of the house and their possessions were even located within 100 yards of where it was supposed to be. It has a unique color of siding, and we about pieces of it. Who knows where the rest of the house and their possessions landed.

Here’s where it gets crazy. The only thing that remained was literally a 4x6 interior basement closet where the current owners and their two toddlers rode out the storm. A few minutes after it passed, they opened the closet door, stepped out, and realized they were outside.

I was so close to ripping out that closet about 7 years ago because I didn’t think it served a purpose and my man cave would look better without it but my wife talked me out of it because she said it was the only safe place in the house for a tornado.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
My mom and some of my family went to help my sister in Elkhorn today.

She said the amount of support was incredible.

My sister's neighbor is a contractor so he brought his workers and equipment out to help, the local restaurants were out there helping feed everyone, Hy-Vee has some kind of disaster relief truck? they had that out there helping, and of course there all sorts of volunteers helping all over. I'm sure there were more these are just some she mentioned.

She was very impressed and thankful for all the volunteers and all the businesses that came out to help everyone.

Prayers for all that were affected and a huge thank you for all the people and businesses that are helping.

Here's a few pictures from around her neighborhood -

IMG_2936.jpgimagejpeg_0(6).jpgimagejpeg_0(5).jpgIMG_2932.jpgIMG_2940.jpgIMG_2938.jpgimagejpeg_0(4).jpgIMG_2925.jpg
imagejpeg_0(7).jpg

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I don't know if any of you guys follow Fishing with Flair but it sounds like his place was hit pretty hard too.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds