Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Twitter post with list of schools with the most players in the Portal (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lots of big time schools on there. Would love to see a final list of where their players end up transferring too. Would be great to see stats on the Portal players that end up returning to their current team, don't sign with anyone or that transfer up, down, or more of a lateral program. Coaches dealing with the Portal has got to be a headache for roster, player and even time management.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I, too, would love to see the data on the portal of P5 players who transfer to a P5 vs those who transfer down or never end up playing again. We should have enough data from the portal by now for coaches to show players, "look, only 5% of players (or whatever it actually is) get picked up by another P5 program. You're not one of them."

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I, too, would love to see the data on the portal of P5 players who transfer to a P5 vs those who transfer down or never end up playing again. We should have enough data from the portal by now for coaches to show players, "look, only 5% of players (or whatever it actually is) get picked up by another P5 program. You're not one of them."
Probably true, Brother Lee. But is that a kid that you REALLY want staying on your squad? (e.g. "I fully support your right to enter the transfer portal. With that said, ain't NOBODY gonna give you another P5 offer. Best we can do is pay for your college and make you practice fodder.")

Candidly, those are kids we SHOULD be recruiting right over the top of.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Probably true, Brother Lee. But is that a kid that you REALLY want staying on your squad? (e.g. "I fully support your right to enter the transfer portal. With that said, ain't NOBODY gonna give you another P5 offer. Best we can do is pay for your college and make you practice fodder.")

Candidly, those are kids we SHOULD be recruiting right over the top of.
yes and no. if he's a young developmental kid who you already invested a year or two in, you probably want to keep them. especially on the OL/DL. if it's alex conn... i'm giving him driving directions back to I80.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
yes and no. if he's a young developmental kid who you already invested a year or two in, you probably want to keep them. especially on the OL/DL. if it's alex conn... i'm giving him driving directions back to I80.
Sometimes, they stick around solely because they're deep dicking a member of our volleyball team, and I respect their right to do so!

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Lots of big time schools on there. Would love to see a final list of where their players end up transferring too. Would be great to see stats on the Portal players that end up returning to their current team, don't sign with anyone or that transfer up, down, or more of a lateral program. Coaches dealing with the Portal has got to be a headache for roster, player and even time management.

Where are those dudes from Colorado? I thought Prime told the whole roster to transfer?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Where are those dudes from Colorado? I thought Prime told the whole roster to transfer?
Prime probably got told saying that was a bad idea and to keep the current roster if they want to stay.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Turns out you can say you're bringing luggage and it's Louis pretty easily, but in fact Louis's cost a lot of money and you just took a job at colo fucking rado.

Seen it a thousand times

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds