Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Vegas (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The wife and I are headed to Vegas for the first time. We're leaving this Sunday late morning and will be back next Thursday. I know we're staying at a resort with most things included, on the strip I believe. We're planning to eat a lot of good food, see some shows, swim, I'm not a big gambler but I atleast want to experience it, maybe gamble $100 or so. We won't have a rental car, the plan is uber or walking. I've never been to Vegas so I'm full prepared to sweat my ass off and have a huge culture shock.

Any thoughts or suggestions what we need to see or where we need to go or where we need to eat?

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
You pretty much described our last Vegas trip. I recommend Mad Apple for a show. Great Cirque de Solei show. Also check out the Comedy Cellar. Great venue with great comedians. If you're a history nerd at all, check out the Titanic exhibit if you've got some down time during the day.

Our favorite part of our trip was renting a super nice sports car and cruising out to the Grand Canyon. Took our time and spent the whole day doing it. It was as a relaxing as it gets.

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
The wife and I are headed to Vegas for the first time. We're leaving this Sunday late morning and will be back next Thursday. I know we're staying at a resort with most things included, on the strip I believe. We're planning to eat a lot of good food, see some shows, swim, I'm not a big gambler but I atleast want to experience it, maybe gamble $100 or so. We won't have a rental car, the plan is uber or walking. I've never been to Vegas so I'm full prepared to sweat my ass off and have a huge culture shock.

Any thoughts or suggestions what we need to see or where we need to go or where we need to eat?
I went to the Strip this April and it was a blast! I was honestly shocked by how expensive everything was and that put a slight damper on what we did, but we did end up staying at the Bellagio which has a beautiful conservatory and Ceasars is just beautiful.

Walking the Strip is just an experience, but I assume it will be much hotter than when we went so maybe a little focus on the walking.

Fremont Street is cheesy, but also a fun time for an afternoon.

Sports betting seems like a safe bet, but the options are limited this time of year.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
You pretty much described our last Vegas trip. I recommend Mad Apple for a show. Great Cirque de Solei show. Also check out the Comedy Cellar. Great venue with great comedians. If you're a history nerd at all, check out the Titanic exhibit if you've got some down time during the day.

Our favorite part of our trip was renting a super nice sports car and cruising out to the Grand Canyon. Took our time and spent the whole day doing it. It was as a relaxing as it gets.
Do you mind me asking how much it costs to rent a car like that? That sounds awesome. Titanic exhibit would be sick. I know she was checking into some Cirque de Solei shows. I'm not huge into that but if it gets me some brownie points then so be it. She said those tickets were pretty expensive, but her friend at work mentioned they have "discount booths" for show tickets. We already paid for Blue Man Group tickets so I know that's happening for sure. She talked about seeing Carrie Underwood as well.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I went to the Strip this April and it was a blast! I was honestly shocked by how expensive everything was and that put a slight damper on what we did, but we did end up staying at the Bellagio which has a beautiful conservatory and Ceasars is just beautiful.

Walking the Strip is just an experience, but I assume it will be much hotter than when we went so maybe a little focus on the walking.

Fremont Street is cheesy, but also a fun time for an afternoon.

Sports betting seems like a safe bet, but the options are limited this time of year.
Can you give me some examples on what was more expensive than anticipated?

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
Can you give me some examples on what was more expensive than anticipated?
In general, everything on the strip through a hotel. Nice or even decent restaurants meals could run to about $200 if you get a couple drinks for two. Drinks in general are anywhere from 10 dollars for a domestic draw to 25 for a more proper drink. A coffee may run 5 bucks and a quick breakfast can quickly escalate to 50 bucks for some grab and go food. I was surely expecting some sort of upcharge, but it was definitely in general more than I expected especially for what some of restaurants/diners were offering.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
If you’re a golfer, hit up the Top Golf off of the strip.

Also hit up the big ass walk in mall that is modeled after Italy.

Uber to Fremont street and spend a good amount of time there. Hit up Circa and check out the longest bar and sports bowl for betting.

Near Fremont, walk to the Mafia museum and hit up the speakeasy underneath it.

Off of Fremont, there are a few stores with a bunch of antique toys and then a fun bar called The Nerd where you can play games and get some interesting photos in.

Uber from Fremont to Zac Bagans Most Haunted Museum. You’re not allowed to take photos inside, but some of the stories and items in that museum, damn.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do you mind me asking how much it costs to rent a car like that? That sounds awesome. Titanic exhibit would be sick. I know she was checking into some Cirque de Solei shows. I'm not huge into that but if it gets me some brownie points then so be it. She said those tickets were pretty expensive, but her friend at work mentioned they have "discount booths" for show tickets. We already paid for Blue Man Group tickets so I know that's happening for sure. She talked about seeing Carrie Underwood as well.
I'm thinking it was less than $150 for the day, but don't quote me on that. It was amazing though and well worth it.

Cirque shows on the surface do sound a bit more for the females, but those guys are legitimately world class athletes and entertainers, so highly recommend. And if the brownie points get you in the ding thread, even better.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
Bellagio fountains after dark
Fremont street light show after dark
Omega mart is kinda cool and weird with lots to do (unless you get motion sick easily)
Walking the strip is not easy anymore as sidewalks are routed into buildings/overpasses, etc., there are some trams though.

Agree everything is expensive anymore.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I'm thinking it was less than $150 for the day, but don't quote me on that. It was amazing though and well worth it.

Cirque shows on the surface do sound a bit more for the females, but those guys are legitimately world class athletes and entertainers, so highly recommend. And if the brownie points get you in the ding thread, even better.
What car did you rent?

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Only time I went to Vegas I stayed at the Aria. Down on the main floor I got two breakfast sandwiches and 2 OJ's and it was like $60.

I looked around thinking the cashier was talking to someone else.
......I'm no poor but jesus christ

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Did I mention I was going to go see a Cirque De Solei show? lol

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
In general, everything on the strip through a hotel. Nice or even decent restaurants meals could run to about $200 if you get a couple drinks for two. Drinks in general are anywhere from 10 dollars for a domestic draw to 25 for a more proper drink. A coffee may run 5 bucks and a quick breakfast can quickly escalate to 50 bucks for some grab and go food. I was surely expecting some sort of upcharge, but it was definitely in general more than I expected especially for what some of restaurants/diners were offering.
Just going to go ahead and cry now for my bank account lol

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds