Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What if Frost accepted the job at Florida? (1 Viewer)

shaunfish15

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I was just thinking about this earlier this morning. What would have happened if Frost stayed in Florida and became UFs head coach instead of coming here? Would he had been successful there? Who would we have hired and would they have done better?
Wasn’t the rumor that the Fl ad was not very impressed with Scott and his organization?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
. I wish it was possible to see who Byrne’s HC hire would have been in 97.

This is who I was told he would have hired......

College Football Dancing GIF by Wisconsin Sportscenter

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I was just thinking about this earlier this morning. What would have happened if Frost stayed in Florida and became UFs head coach instead of coming here? Would he had been successful there? Who would we have hired and would they have done better?
He wouldn't have had as big of a rebuild....
He wouldn't have had his entire coaching staff....
He wouldn't have had Matt Davidson....
He would have had a better talent pool to recruit to...
He wouldn't have had an AD be so hands off to help him transition to a bigger school....

How many of those problems were there before vs developed here? I don't know, you probably end up with a similar outcome, but I bet he has a better record.

I think he is a good football mind, but his lack of ability to run a P5 program did him in.

Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He wouldn't have had as big of a rebuild....
He wouldn't have had his entire coaching staff....
He wouldn't have had Matt Davidson....
He would have had a better talent pool to recruit to...
He wouldn't have had an AD be so hands off to help him transition to a bigger school....

How many of those problems were there before vs developed here? I don't know, you probably end up with a similar outcome, but I bet he has a better record.

I think he is a good football mind, but his lack of ability to run a P5 program did him in.
Is it lack of ability or lack of care to be great daily? Like if he has the decision to sit down with a 5 star recruit from Gainesville to keep him home or head out to hunt gators in the swamp for the afternoon, which one is he choosing? Saban and Tom are choosing recruiting, Scott is probably figuring out a way to zoom that shit in the morning and be on a boat by noon

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Is it lack of ability or lack of care to be great daily? Like if he has the decision to sit down with a 5 star recruit from Gainesville to keep him home or head out to hunt gators in the swamp for the afternoon, which one is he choosing? Saban and Tom are choosing recruiting, Scott is probably figuring out a way to zoom that shit in the morning and be on a boat by noon
I don't want to question what his "want to" was 5 years ago. I imagine it was significantly higher than what it was today.

I think these 5 years were tough mentally on him. I think it was a deteriorating over time to the point we were at today.

Does he have the same pressure to win at UF as he would here? Probably a different type at least. He wouldn't have been viewed in the same light to Florida as he was to Nebraska when he was introduced as the HC.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds