Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? Minnesota Gameweek (Including Georgia) (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Georgia

• Arik Burglary Video
  • Lock em up
  • Wow. Red handed and video taped. That’s a wrap.
  • Wow!!! What a waste!
  • Unfortunately no one cares about your mental health issues and whether or not you’re in control after you cross certain lines like this. I feel bad for him and especially for young men with similar issues who aren’t talented and famous enough for us to know about them or care. Smh sad story
  • I’m not sure mental health was ever his problem. Looks like a thug is just a thug. Shame
  • All the bleeding hearts on this site for that guy was a joke. His mother should have whipped his **** when he was kid. Never bought into all the bleeding heart BS for this kid. All he did was waste UGA’s time and money.
  • Man wth...guess it's a good thing that he is a horrible criminal
  • I agree with most of this. The fact he was stealing delta 8 vapes clearly shows he has a drug problem. Either way hope he gets it figured out. Whatever happened his freshman year did a number on him
  • Only a p.o.s. does that and you really have no argument against it.
  • I’m tired of people making excuses for this guy.
  • Arik is schizophrenic. But I guess "being a victim" is the only thing that matters here.
  • Mental health is not an excuse.
  • Rhule's comments about Arik sound just like Kirby's. Very clearly, this guy has some major issues. Something upstairs just isn't working correctly.
  • Damn. Dude wanted all the smoke. Smh
  • Arik Gilbert=Thug
  • Not sure why people are acting like the world has turned their back on Arik and he’s a good kid who just can’t seem to catch a break. He has been given chance after chance to get it together and he won’t do it.
  • Let’s just say he did get effed up from synthetic pot. That’s his own fault for smoking it. Bad decisions sometimes have bad consequences. This looks like it could be one.
  • This kid is a menace to society. So many people have given him a chance. Lock his **** up. It’s time to quit making excuses for him.
  • Kid is a damn thug. The video shows he's a scum bag piece of trash.
  • Some one laced his blunt w/o his knowledge thats what most on this board dont seem to want to understand. 99% of this board has smoked weed at some point in their life. Ive known rique for a long time he is not a thug or bad kid his mental chemistry has been changed maybe forever.
  • This might rub some the wrong way but what the hell is up with all these vape stores on every corner? Maybe we as a society should shoulder some blame.
  • Couldn't help but notice that this is maybe the best shape he has been in - in a couple of years. Dang kid!

Colorado

• Thursday night speaking of Cornhuskers will they follow their normal pattern and get the losing started early?
  • No shock though that Nebraska gave us the first felony arrest of the season with a highly ranked transfer breaking into a combination liquor store and vape shop.
  • What Color To Wear at the Nebraska Game?
  • Normally I could give two ****s about what people wear. However, during the 2019 game, I noticed that our white tends to make the nebraska red stand out more in the stands.
  • All I noticed was that we beat there a$$.
  • I want us to be proactive, not reactive to the other team. If Buffs wearing black, we should be wearing black. We can handle it.
  • Guess the Attendance: Nebraska
  • The worst feelings I ever had connected to CU football, was seeing that nebraska crowd at Folsom. Made me sick. And, I think it was more like 30k.
  • Fvck Nebraska. Crowd will be at capacity.
  • What matters is how many surrender cobras and crying Nub fans we get photos of to post here after the game.
  • About 18,000 of them part of the sad parade of fusker losers leaving the stadium with yet another crushing defeat.

Oregon

• WOW! Volleyball (VB) is B1G in the B1G
  • I can't wrap my head around it. 92,000 for a volleyball match...in Nebraska? Whew! Impressive, and that is not counting how good Penn State is...
  • I’d like to see a 6 team pod with us, Washington, USC, UCLA, Minnesota (closer to Seattle) & Nebraska
  • OT: Nebraska VBall playing in Lincoln-Memorial Stadium on B1G Network
  • My wife is a huge Husker VBall fan. They are playing Nebraska-Omaha in Lincoln Memorial on the B1G network. Tickets sold out in 3 days!!! Over 90K people in attendance. Tune in for a spectacle...
  • Also, pretty awesome we are in a conference that does things like this!
  • Read an article a couple days back. Nebraska volleyball is the ONLY women’s college program on any sport that does not run a deficit. The only one.
  • Heard they got a resent 10 NIL donation for just volleyball.
  • Watching it now, an amazing spectacle. You certainly won't find that kind of solidarity in Oregon or anywhere in the west.
  • 92,000 people in attendance. World record for largest women’s sporting event in recorded history
  • It is still not hit me yet that we are really B1G bound next year. What an incredible ride!!!
  • There must really be nothing to do in Nebraska but drink and GBR.
  • Why did they get so popular? Genuine question? Are they a dynasty or something?
  • A bit, they also had a nude iphone leak scandal after winning the championship last year from their locker room. So I imagine that might've played into it. Lots a lonely men on the farm, etc., etc.......

Penn State

• Nebraska transfer TE arrested on burglary
  • WTF?!?! Even with all that NIL $ he got?
  • He should have transferred to Stanford
  • Never should have taken the kid after his prior troubles. Only damn reason he took him was because he could play football.
  • Look at all of the transgressions that the NFL overlooks. They only care if a guy can play.
  • Oh how the mighty have fallen. If this had happened when Dr. Tom O was the coach, all would have been swept under the rug.

Rutgers

• OT: 92,003 in Lincoln
  • For women's Volleyball. A world record.
  • Was it free Vape night that drew them in? Too soon?
  • I said to myself they sure as hell better win. Up 2-0 and ahead in the 3rd
  • I think they told people the players would be topless
  • Image living in a state so boring that going to a volleyball game is even a thing.
  • Imagine living in a state where the whole state comes out to support the state team athletics. I've gone to Omaha & Lincoln twice & had a fun, fantastic time.
  • I give them credit. 92,003 is one heck of a turnout for women's volleyball, It may take 2-3 games for RU fb to achieve that attendance number.
  • Nebraska is absolutely beautiful…probably the nicest people I’ve ever been around. The sand hills and plate river valley are simply stunning outdoor places.
  • They have no other choice. Not impressed.
  • Odd, but cool all the same.....can't see that happening here in a million years. Volleyball players must have a got a huge kick out of it!

Cockeye

• Nebraska fans..
  • The people in that state are starved for sports. Crazy *** fanatics.
  • There is literally nothing going on in that state that is more interesting than women’s volleyball tonight. That makes me sad for Nebraskans.
  • Not a big Nebraska fan by any means but what they did tonight was pretty cool. Let them enjoy their moment in the spotlight.
  • This is evidence it would be nice to not have ISU exist at a quasi major sports level in state. Cockeye would have a lot more low end die hard fans. Nebraska is truly the only game in town and the whole state can rally around.
  • Same will be said when 50k+ (I hope) are in Kinnick for the women's bball game and they will be right.
  • I believe the marketing leading up to this event said...FREE CORN. Gets them all fired up.
  • John Cook is the closest thing that state has to KIrk Ferentz. Props to him and what he has built and maintained there.
  • I love how much attention women’s sports are getting right now with the Midwest leading the way. The women deserve the attention and notoriety. This even was incredibly well done and the volleyball crazed women in my house thought it was one of the best things they’ve ever seen. Made them feel important and empowered and that makes this a total win.
  • Anyone who makes fun of anything about this is crazy. It was completely amazing. A 90k legit sellout for women’s volleyball. Volleyball is huge in some places and nowhere is it bigger than in Nebraska.
  • I love to hate Nebraska, but this is impressive. You cant say they’re not loyal.

Michigan State

• Nebraska draws 92k for women’s volleyball…impressive
  • Garage Door Problems Thread
  • Husker's TE Arik Gilbert stealing vapes
  • Looks like Arik Gilbert won't be eligible to play for Nebraska anytime soon
  • He has some issues and can’t get out of his own way. Too bad for him because he’s a elite athlete and player
  • Rhule seems desperate to have brought that guy in given he already had issues. He seems like another coach that will fail there
  • This always sucks to see, but there's nobody to blame here but himself.
  • Dude has been a mess since his recruitment. Sometimes red flags are there for a reason.
  • LMAO at the scumbaggery. It's not like he's out hammered with his friends doin dumb shite. Just a half-tarded pure criminal.
  • It looks like the only thing he considered in this endeavor was what flavor vape juice he was craving
  • Maybe there's a vape museum somewhere in Nebraska Rhule can send him to. And by send him there, I mean not send him there, and hope everyone just forgets about it.
  • Not at all impressed. A dude that big should be able to kick the door open on the first try.

Purdue

• Minn - Neb Tomorrow night
  • Anyone watching?
  • I'll be checking out Neb due to Ruhle being the coach and seeing what they look like
  • I'll be watching because it's COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Huzzah!
  • OT: Nebraska was waiting on TE Arik Gilbert’s transfer waiver
  • 99% of Nebraska fans believed he wouldn't get one. It was highly unlikely he would
  • What a stupid way to throw your life away
  • Rhule's quote leading up to this was all about how Gilbert was doing all the right things and deserves better. What a joke.
  • Gilbert is a relative of one of our firmer players.
  • Deangelo Yancy is his brother if I'm not mistaken.
  • Thirsty Nebraska taking a risk with a troubled young man with on-field upside… and it goes sideways: just shocking!
  • Osborne used to have 10-15 of these sort of guys stashed on the roster every season.

Northwestern

• OT - Nebraska sells 92k tickets to volleyball game at Memorial Stadium
  • That is so awesome!
  • The event is tomorrow, August 30. Pretty cool.
  • Gotta hold onto something..
  • Compared to the Chicago area not a lot of competition for your entertainment dollar.
  • I'd go if it was beach volleyball.
  • 80,000 Nebraskans would show up for cow-chip bingo.

Michigan

• OT largest crowd ever to watch a woman’s sport
  • Nebraska hosts Omaha for a volleyball game. Crowd is officially 92,003. Pretty cool for woman’s sports.
  • Incredibly, it's also the biggest crowd in the history of Memorial Stadium. Kinda makes sense because they added a bunch of seats essentially on the field, but still.
  • Definitely made for a great visual.
  • Very cool and congrats to Nebraska volleyball! During the broadcast they talked about who could challenge the record. Would love for Michigan volleyball to get to the point of popularity that they could.
  • Is the Big House large enough for a soccer match? I seriously don’t know this because I don’t watch soccer.
  • Don't forget, they also feature freshman phenom Harper Murray from Skyline HS, Ann Arbor Mi, daughter of Vada. And she decided not to be here and play with her sister 😥, state of our VB program.
  • She was like #1 nationally so not surprising she went to a program like Nebraska's that could draw this crowd.
  • If the US-Mexico 2027 Women's World Cup bid wins hosting duties, I believe any stadium that can hold 92K+ could break it. That event has absolutely blown up.
  • I’m a casual volleyball fan but I watched the whole thing. Really well done by Nebraska and BTN put on a first rate broadcast.
  • It's really cool they were able to pull this off and the place looked pretty amazing. Congrats to them.
  • Nebraska has the best college fanbase.
  • Some say the ears of corn become alive and fill the unpurchased seats in Lincoln.

Minnesota

• Predict the Score Thread: Week 1 - Nebraska at Minnesota
  • 27-13 good guys
  • MN 38 Neb 14
  • Gophers 27 Neb 13
  • Minnesota 28 Nebraska 13
  • Gophers 31 Huskers 17
  • Gophers 37 Nebraska 7…Nebraska will not be good this season
  • Gophs 24, Neb 10
  • 31-13 for the Golden Gophers.
  • 24-3 Gophs
  • Keeping the Chair! Gophers 37 Huskers 24
  • 20-13 Gophs!
  • Gophers 35 Huskers 20
  • This is about right. Maybe 41-14.
  • Final Score 13-31 Minnesota
  • Top linebacker out for Nebraska?
  • I see they still hand those goofy black shirts out.
  • Gophers by 7 to 7.5 now
  • Don't bet but I would take that all day.
  • While I like the Gophers, this is a hard one. It is not like Nebraska does not have athletes, it is just that they have not had a lot of coaching and culture. I know Rhule is better than Frost and emotions will be high for NE.
  • From an overall talent perspective I can see us winning by 20+. From a crap happens in the first game and NE has enough athleticism to make things interesting I am confident we get the "W" just not sure if it will be close or not.
  • We’re giving them more respect than they’ve earned, this is a bad team and we should win by three scores or more if we play well.
  • I would say Gophers run them off the field. Nebraska isn't Nebraska anymore and won't ever be again. Think Illinois or Purdue as their ceiling.
  • Video of Huskers TE Arik Gilbert’s burglary
  • Wow. This is really sad...
  • Love the shot of all the cops waiting out front for him.
  • He just transferred to the wrong place. He could do this twice a day in California with no notice taken.
  • Thing is, Osborne would’ve had this story buried and had him on the field Thurs. How the bell do you think they won nattys in the 90’s?? It wasn’t NIL ..
  • Is the Thursday game a 'must win' for the Gophers?
  • It would be very disappointing to lose a game to a team in year zero when we are heavily favored in and should win.
  • Major downer but not a must win.
  • A must win.
  • Yes. And they will win it, easily.
  • Absolutely and if we don’t this team is not as good as advertised. Nebraska is such a hot mess.
  • I'm always on edge when we play Nebraska. You never know which Jekyll Hyde version of that team will show up.
  • It is a MUST win. We need to win these games that we’re “supposed to” win.
  • I think this game is going to be like … well, the Nebraska game last year. Got the win, but it wasn’t a cake walk.
  • It's not a "must win". It's a "there is a less than 2% chance of losing". Nebraska sucks and PJ owns them. Remember this.

greybeardedchild

Cornerback
Elite Member
Minnesota's optimism I can almost understand, Colorado fans must be doing a bit 😂 glad to see everyone like the new world record achieved in Lincoln last night.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Some one laced his blunt w/o his knowledge thats what most on this board dont seem to want to understand. 99% of this board has smoked weed at some point in their life. Ive known rique for a long time he is not a thug or bad kid his mental chemistry has been changed maybe forever.
maybe that sumbitch should’ve never had a blunt in the first place !!

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Cockeye

• Nebraska fans..
  • The people in that state are starved for sports. Crazy *** fanatics.
  • There is literally nothing going on in that state that is more interesting than women’s volleyball tonight. That makes me sad for Nebraskans.
  • Not a big Nebraska fan by any means but what they did tonight was pretty cool. Let them enjoy their moment in the spotlight.
  • This is evidence it would be nice to not have ISU exist at a quasi major sports level in state. Cockeye would have a lot more low end die hard fans. Nebraska is truly the only game in town and the whole state can rally around.
  • Same will be said when 50k+ (I hope) are in Kinnick for the women's bball game and they will be right.
  • I believe the marketing leading up to this event said...FREE CORN. Gets them all fired up.
  • John Cook is the closest thing that state has to KIrk Ferentz. Props to him and what he has built and maintained there.
  • I love how much attention women’s sports are getting right now with the Midwest leading the way. The women deserve the attention and notoriety. This even was incredibly well done and the volleyball crazed women in my house thought it was one of the best things they’ve ever seen. Made them feel important and empowered and that makes this a total win.
  • Anyone who makes fun of anything about this is crazy. It was completely amazing. A 90k legit sellout for women’s volleyball. Volleyball is huge in some places and nowhere is it bigger than in Nebraska.
  • I love to hate Nebraska, but this is impressive. You cant say they’re not loyal.
> John Cook is the closest thing that state has to Kirk Ferentz

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Minnesota struggles to beat Scott Frost coached teams but they think they're gonna spank a MKR coached team

Are You High With Love GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Rutgers fan whose team can barely get 30,000 people at their football games:

"Lol 92,000 fans, for a volleyball game?? That's just because there's nothing to do in Nebraska lmao"

IMG_2960.jpeg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds