Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone with a scrimmage report (3 Viewers)

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
No one is saying that. @ShortSideOption is saying he might be given one of the several S&C positions under Schmidt at OU. One of which is currently held by another former NU S&C head guy in James Dobson.
Yes. Definitely wasn't saying our failed S&C coach in Lincoln would go take over in Norman for their legend at a perennial national power.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
an observation from Tater Island

OL knee braces are gone: We had a couple of astute fans on HuskerOnline notice right away in practice videos and photo galleries that Nebraska’s offensive linemen are no longer wearing the bulky protective knee braces anymore.

The braces are worn to prevent major knee injuries but can also affect your overall bend and mobility. Rhule is doing anything possible to help the offensive line take a step forward in 2023. Their overall movement in pass protection has been an issue. As a coach, it’s his job to create ways to make them better.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think you missed the original argument. The argument was who will be a better head S&C coach at Nebraska, Duval or Cooper.

Duval's career is not exactly riding high now. He was just part of a staff that is considered the worst coaching staff in modern history for a blue blood program. For his next role, his only options are to take a demotion in title, prestige and pay.

My argument is that I will bet you that Corey Cooper's next role when he leaves Nebraska will be for a head role at a bigger school for more money.
It's crazy to hear on podcasts how well known it was that Nebraska was severely undercoached on the field the last few years. I mean yeah we could all see it with our own eyes, but it was known in the industry, so embarrassing. That being said, if the head of the football program let them be that undercoached on the field, you have to imagine the standards he held the s&c staff were similar.

Duval may be a good s&c coach. Maybe he just needs to get away from Frost.

Is Fisher the only assistant that has landed at a power 5 school? Did Applewhite land anywhere? Chinander went to Boise.

I think Syracuse has a pretty good head coach that actually knows what he's doing. Syracuse can't keep coaches very long but that's not Babers' fault. I'll be interested to see how Fisher does there now that he's not under Frost. Syracuse has had some pretty good DBs the past few years.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
an observation from Tater Island

OL knee braces are gone: We had a couple of astute fans on HuskerOnline notice right away in practice videos and photo galleries that Nebraska’s offensive linemen are no longer wearing the bulky protective knee braces anymore.

The braces are worn to prevent major knee injuries but can also affect your overall bend and mobility. Rhule is doing anything possible to help the offensive line take a step forward in 2023. Their overall movement in pass protection has been an issue. As a coach, it’s his job to create ways to make them better.
That is interesting. Most college OL wear those things.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
It's crazy to hear on podcasts how well known it was that Nebraska was severely undercoached on the field the last few years. I mean yeah we could all see it with our own eyes, but it was known in the industry, so embarrassing. That being said, if the head of the football program let them be that undercoached on the field, you have to imagine the standards he held the s&c staff were similar.

Is Fisher the only assistant that has landed at a power 5 school? Did Applewhite land anywhere? Chinander went to Boise.

I think Syracuse has a pretty good head coach that actually knows what he's doing. Syracuse can't keep coaches very long but that's not Babers' fault. I'll be interested to see how Fisher does there now that he's not under Frost. Syracuse has had some pretty good DBs the past few years.
Applewhite landed at U of Buffalo I believe

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I saw Teddy blow his ACL wearing a brace against Michigan, so based on my sample size of 1, I think it's in fact more likely someone blows their knee if they're wearing a brace
ron burgundy anchorman GIF

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I saw Teddy blow his ACL wearing a brace against Michigan, so based on my sample size of 1, I think it's in fact more likely someone blows their knee if they're wearing a brace
It is. Mentioned in another thread but wearing braces makes the body depend on it which in turn weakens the muscles, tendons and ligaments.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

What Podcasts you referencing?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds