Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bourbon tonight? What’s in the glass? (3 Viewers)

GAHusker

Cornerback
Mezcal = most underrated spirit IMO
I mostly only drink tequila, so I was thinking it would be easy to mix in mezcal. I haven’t had much luck yet, and often I find it too smoky. Maybe I just need to find better brands, but it also seems to be more expensive than tequila too

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mostly only drink tequila, so I was thinking it would be easy to mix in mezcal. I haven’t had much luck yet, and often I find it too smoky. Maybe I just need to find better brands, but it also seems to be more expensive than tequila too
I can understand where you’re coming from. Question: do you like Islay Scotches? For me it took some easing into them before I started to really enjoy Islay drams. I started out with Glenfiddich and Glenlivet before moving to Oban and eventually the holy grail of Lagavulin 16.

A similar situation for me with Mezcal. Bartaco - a good taco chain that has locations primarily on the East Coast - makes a really good mezcal margarita that got me started down that rabbit hole.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not bourbon but I opened up a bottle of Bushmills 10…not bourbon but a good Irish Whiskey.

Overall a little light for my tastes but makes for good sipping after a shitty Monday.

Last edited:

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I can understand where you’re coming from. Question: do you like Islay Scotches? For me it took some easing into them before I started to really enjoy Islay drams. I started out with Glenfiddich and Glenlivet before moving to Oban and eventually the holy grail of Lagavulin 16.

A similar situation for me with Mezcal. Bartaco - a good taco chain that has locations primarily on the East Coast - makes a really good mezcal margarita that got me started down that rabbit hole.
Oban 14 used to be one of my favorite scotches before the demand and price hikes over the last several years. Used to be able to buy a bottle for $65ish and now pushing $95ish. I also feel like the quality went down a grade? Maybe it’s just me that thinks that though?

Good entry Mezcal is Montelobos. Used to be the same price as all your mid grade tequilas but it too is creeping up in price slowly.

GAHusker

Cornerback

I used to have scotch every once in awhile but now it’s either gin or tequila. When I used to drink it, it was mostly just Johnny Walker (the cheaper ones) or Dewar’s, so nothing too crazy.

I haven’t been to Bartaco for a couple years now that we live in the ‘burbs. But, you’re probably right in that I need to drink it first in some cocktails rather than how I drink tequila (in ranch waters). Duh.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds