Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cameron Ward ??? (4 Viewers)

MaxHuskers34

Linebacker
Elite Member
Whoever we get - Shapen, Leavitt, both or someone else - they will be able to say "we tried to get the most expensive guys out there". My guess is that is the objective of the McCord/Ward trips.

I'd love to be wrong.
That's what the Ward trip feels like. However there seems to be a lot of smoke around Nebraska and McCord now in the "national" spaces on X.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Whoever we get - Shapen, Leavitt, both or someone else - they will be able to say "we tried to get the most expensive guys out there". My guess is that is the objective of the McCord/Ward trips.

I'd love to be wrong.
If we end up with Shapen we might as well just pack in it for your next year.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I just can’t imagine we’d spend the time and money these trips entail for some sort of “performance art.”
I can. The NIL effort needs some good PR, and people are critical of us not being able to go into the portal very much this go around. I think they could easily justify the expenditure on the basis of the goodwill they get feeding the fanbase.

Just look at how people are reacting.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
However there seems to be a lot of smoke around Nebraska and McCord now in the "national" spaces on X.
someone posted elsewhere - I have no idea if this is true - that he already said No because he doesn't want to play against tOSU next year.

MaxHuskers34

Linebacker
Elite Member
someone posted elsewhere - I have no idea if this is true - that he already said No because he doesn't want to play against tOSU next year.
I'm reading that exact article right now lol. I hadn't seen that until now.

And according to 247Sports college football analyst Brad Crawford, there are eight that stick out: Miami, NC State, Rutgers, Louisville, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Nebraska, and Pittsburgh.

That said, according to another report from Pete Nakos of Tater Island, Nebraska is likely not going to be in the mix.

"Kyle is not going to want to play for a lesser Big Ten opponent," Nakos said. "He doesn't want to be in a position where he plays Ohio State. I don't think that's something he wants to do."

Here's the full quote from the SI article I am on.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I can. The NIL effort needs some good PR, and people are critical of us not being able to go into the portal very much this go around. I think they could easily justify the expenditure on the basis of the goodwill they get feeding the fanbase.

Just look at how people are reacting.
IMO, our NIL efforts will only get good PR if we LAND someone who allegedly has a high asking price. If we visit the Howards/McCords/Wards of the world and end up landing only Leavitt then it ends up being a net negative for our NIL PR and most fans will be banging the "Nebraska won't spend what it takes" drum even harder.

I just don't think we visit unless we think we have a puncher's chance. (insert dumbandumbersoyouretellingmetheresachance.gif)

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator

And according to 247Sports college football analyst Brad Crawford, there are eight that stick out: Miami, NC State, Rutgers, Louisville, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Nebraska, and Pittsburgh.

That said, according to another report from Pete Nakos of Tater Island, Nebraska is likely not going to be in the mix.

"Kyle is not going to want to play for a lesser Big Ten opponent," Nakos said. "He doesn't want to be in a position where he plays Ohio State. I don't think that's something he wants to do."

SI is dead to me and lost all credibility after naming Deion Sportperson Of The Year…..

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
If we had gotten Cam Ward last time around, Scott Frost is still our coach.

Ward is a wet dream in a Mark Whipple offense.

Lifetime td:int ratio of 119:30. Nearly 14,000 yards and a 65% completion rate.
He was never going anywhere but Wazzu the first time around

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member

McCord is a beta and best we move in if he doesn't want to play his former school. What is he going to do in the NFL if he gets Drafted by the Giants, dropped and then signs with the Commanders. Refuse to suit up? What a pussy...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds