Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Commit - Vincent Genatone (5 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
What Do You Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I assume this is on a walk-on/NIL deal. He has the physical traits Rhule likes as far as speed. We’ll see if it translates to the field. Maybe he’ll shine on special teams. Low risk, high reward type of deal, IMO.

Last edited:

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Incredible athlete. One of the best to come out of Nebraska in terms of speed and raw athleticism in recent years.

Great wrestler

The top 3 Nebraska sprinters from the 2022 Nebraska State Track Meet are now Huskers..

Lloyd: 10.54
Coleman: 10.58
Genatone: 10.63

Genatone would have been a clear take out of high school if Rhule was her back then. Could grow into a great sideline to sideline LB in a couple years. Won’t find many 220 lb guys faster.

COYS

Linebacker
Sean Padden was on 93.7 last week and was asked about the 85 scholarship limit and where there numbers are currently at. Basically said they don't worry about the numbers at all with the ability to provide $$$ to kids through NIL. Seems like a lot of Husker fans get fixated on that 85 number and freak out anytime we take commits.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Believe in Rhule?

4R5TL9.gif
No, I like it. I like that Rhule wants to fill the roster with these local kids who'll play hard and be good teammates.

The bonus is that many of them are actually really good athletes. So he's not just picking up Gomer from Fairbury HS...he's making sure the guys he does take as walk-ons are actually good athletes. Which VG is.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sean Padden was on 93.7 last week and was asked about the 85 scholarship limit and where there numbers are currently at. Basically said they don't worry about the numbers at all with the ability to provide $$$ to kids through NIL. Seems like a lot of Husker fans get fixated on that 85 number and freak out anytime we take commits.
@rgrachek

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
No, I like it. I like that Rhule wants to fill the roster with these local kids who'll play hard and be good teammates.

The bonus is that many of them are actually really good athletes. So he's not just picking up Gomer from Fairbury HS...he's making sure the guys he does take as walk-ons are actually good athletes. Which VG is.
I always thought Gomer was (and is) quite talented. Was I wrong, or is this a Fairbury problem?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds