Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Commit Watch? (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Every time we think the roster needs to shrink, be it a scholarship guy or walk on leaving, this staff adds to the roster. We took a 24 walk on Safety and now maybe his guy.

Spring time wild west, Game of Thrones, royal rumble just for a roster spot much less a depth chart position..
I wonder if it indicates that 4th/5th year non contributing walk ons will be extremely rare on the roster

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I wonder if it indicates that 4th/5th year non contributing walk ons will be extremely rare on the roster

Hopefully.

I know that Rhule made some changes to exactly who is on the sideline after the Michigan shit happened this year. He had been talking to someone the home game after that game and pointed out that there were like 700 people or so on the sideline hours before a home game. He told them that "This needs to change." The next week that number was reduced to about 200-300.

Rhule doesn't like a huge number of people on the sideline. So unless you've got legitimate business there, your days are numbered.

There's never been a reason for a roster of 150. You can only camp with 85(?) and you can only travel with around that number as well. So to waste time and resources with more than maybe 110-120 is ridiculous.

If the fans of walk-ons and fat running backs take offense to that, come at me.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Hopefully.

I know that Rhule made some changes to exactly who is on the sideline after the Michigan shit happened this year. He had been talking to someone the home game after that game and pointed out that there were like 700 people or so on the sideline hours before a home game. He told them that "This needs to change." The next week that number was reduced to about 200-300.

Rhule doesn't like a huge number of people on the sideline. So unless you've got legitimate business there, your days are numbered.

There's never been a reason for a roster of 150. You can only camp with 85(?) and you can only travel with around that number as well. So to waste time and resources with more than maybe 110-120 is ridiculous.

I got your back, well said TC

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I got your back, well said TC

With college football changing and there being fewer opportunities for high school kids to earn a P5 scholarship, the quality of player we can get as a walkon might change in the next 5-6 years. That being said, there might come a day when we are taking 10 walk-ons a year that would all be more than capable of playing at a place like Colorado St, Tulsa, UNI, etc. If that day comes, I'm all for it.

But the days of taking 30 walk-ons a year that all should be playing at Hastings or Doane and letting them roam the sidelines on game day with their hoodies on underneath their jerseys and skinny jeans need to be done. It serves no purpose and those kids have no shot at helping the team.

Go be glorified spectators somewhere else.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
With college football changing and there being fewer opportunities for high school kids to earn a P5 scholarship, the quality of player we can get as a walkon might change in the next 5-6 years. That being said, there might come a day when we are taking 10 walk-ons a year that would all be more than capable of playing at a place like Colorado St, Tulsa, UNI, etc. If that day comes, I'm all for it.

But the days of taking 30 walk-ons a year that all should be playing at Hastings or Doane and letting them roam the sidelines on game day with their hoodies on underneath their jerseys and skinny jeans need to be done. It serves no purpose and those kids have no shot at helping the team.

Go be glorified spectators somewhere else.
Yeah I believe Rhule when he talks about how he has to see an actual path to playing for everyone he adds to the roster. Of course not everyone will end up playing because that's life but you can't have guys who are just warm bodies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hopefully.

Starting last year, you can camp with 120. I am guessing that is what we are down to as far as total roster in a couple of years.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Nebraska power. Oregon speed. Adjusting to us
A meth fueled overweight middle aged man is what we got instead…
will ferrell meth GIF

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Starting last year, you can camp with 120. I am guessing that is what we are down to as far as total roster in a couple of years.
Yes. And the precious limit was 105. I’m. It sure it was ever 85. Might be confusing that with the scholarship limit.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
that there were like 700 people or so on the sideline hours before a home game.
700? Is that an exaggeration? Thats an obscenely high number to have on a sideline. Can you physically fit 700 people between the 25s?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds