Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Commit - Vincent Genatone (1 Viewer)

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Are you saying Genatone can't be an NIL guy?
No, I was responding to the quoted post which said that the 85-scholarship number doesn't matter. I said before he committed that he was a walk-on candidate for us.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
There are still rules around who has to be a counter and who can escape it to be on NIL. Just because we have money to pay someone NIL doesn’t mean we can take them off scholarship per the NCAA. We will be committing a violation if we take players who need to be counters and not making them counters. If we’ve “recruited” them by visiting them, or if they’ve taken official visits here, they are counters. And there are rules around transfers, too. If they were on a four year scholarship at another school then that transfers with them. The 85 number matters.

I think our number is around four that we need to attrit.

If you don’t want to care about it and just let it handle itself, that’s perfectly fine. If you think we won’t have attrition because we can pay people NIL, you’re mistaken. Sean Padden saying publicly “yeah we need to see four people to the door” isn’t going to happen if he wants to keep working for Rhule.
My new favorite thing is people freaking out about scholarship numbers. It’s like getting mad about the weather.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Incredible athlete. One of the best to come out of Nebraska in terms of speed and raw athleticism in recent years.

Great wrestler

The top 3 Nebraska sprinters from the 2022 Nebraska State Track Meet are now Huskers..

Lloyd: 10.54
Coleman: 10.58
Genatone: 10.63

Genatone would have been a clear take out of high school if Rhule was her back then. Could grow into a great sideline to sideline LB in a couple years. Won’t find many 220 lb guys faster.

welcome aboard kid.

now go hit someone.

hard.

and

fast.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds