Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Damon Benning out at 1620 (5 Viewers)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Yeah I think the olds like Greg....

It also gets my rocks hard hearing Davidsons analysis of "YES!" after TDs.... It is really groundbreaking stuff.
Greg is decent I guess but he sometimes puts on this front like he's a passionate Husker homer but it comes across phony. I can't really explain it but maybe you guys know what I'm talking about?

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Greg is decent I guess but he sometimes puts on this front like he's a passionate Husker homer but it comes across phony. I can't really explain it but maybe you guys know what I'm talking about?
That might just be the depression that has been looming over the Nebraska faithful the last five years. Hard to be a radio guy and sound like eeyore.
too good to be true disney GIF

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
Good for Benning. I will give him props as I think he has matured nicely as a broadcaster. I had been critical of him in the past for being overly and intentionally verbose. I listen to the 1620 podcasts with regularity and he is a big part of why.

Davison has regressed. When he started I could overlook his squeaky voice because I thought he brought some good comments to the party. I no longer listen to the game broadcasts.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
A few months ago he said BTN had offered him a promotion to do 1 game a week as an analyst.

He was talking about how he loves his radio job and coaching high school but also wanted to pursue that career but cannot do all 3 at once.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I like Gary but the combo of Damon and Gary is really the only reason I listen to 1620 anymore. I enjoy Mikel's clips but I don't go out of my way to find him for listening purposes. The lunch and afternoon guys suck.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's gonna do a podcast. They all hate the new boss at 1620 guess he's a huge prick. He's trying to get Sharpe to leave and start the pod with him
Was that the dude they had on at the end of the show today?

They should definitely keep the show going in podcast form.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Get drunk with Frost
Davison has (for now) another job that he gets paid for in the Athletic Department. Now down to just fund raising. Would still imagine that pays a 6 figure salary.

Davison doesn't do any other games though right? DB must be taking on more BTN stuff. Just calling Nebraska football games and helping coach high school football isn't going to pay the bills.

I'd be surprised if he makes 10k coaching HS football. No idea what calling Nebraska football games on the radio pays but I wouldn't imagine it's very much.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Davison has (for now) another job that he gets paid for in the Athletic Department. Now down to just fund raising. Would still imagine that pays a 6 figure salary.

Davison doesn't do any other games though right? DB must be taking on more BTN stuff. Just calling Nebraska football games and helping coach high school football isn't going to pay the bills.

I'd be surprised if he makes 10k coaching HS football. No idea what calling Nebraska football games on the radio pays but I wouldn't imagine it's very much.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds