Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Florida hiring Napier (2 Viewers)

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Rough for LSU. Some boosters thought they were too good to hire a guy from ULL, so they went big game hunting w/ Lincoln Riley and Jimbo. Since LR left, may have been some real talk there with LSU (if you're already going to play in the SEC, why not just go to there)? Don't know who the fuck LSU is going to get now.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rough for LSU. Some boosters thought they were too good to hire a guy from ULL, so they went big game hunting w/ Lincoln Riley and Jimbo. Since LR left, may have been some real talk there with LSU (if you're already going to play in the SEC, why not just go to there)? Don't know who the fuck LSU is going to get now.
They should have learned their lesson from the last time around on getting the big name hire.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Maybe Aranda?

That AD is known for making these huge splash hires. Aranda doesn’t fit that.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
And on top of that, Norman is 3 hours from a top-3 talent region - DFW.
History alone tells you OU is by far better and like you said they have always loaded up on Texas talent.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I don’t think there is a splash left to make. USC just made the biggest one.
Brian Kelly or an NFL guy like Matt Rhule are the only ones I can think of.

There are some quality guys out there…Luke Fickle, Matt Campbell, Jeff Hafley, Mike Houston. I just don’t know if Fickle or Campbell fit in down in Baton Rouge

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Brian Kelly or an NFL guy like Matt Rhule are the only ones I can think of.

There are some quality guys out there…Luke Fickle, Matt Campbell, Jeff Hafley, Mike Houston. I just don’t know if Fickle or Campbell fit in down in Baton Rouge

That’s the thing… I don’t think any of them do. They’re really in a bind.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
That’s the thing… I don’t think any of them do. They’re really in a bind.

Now that they’d ge looking at Plan Bs, I wonder if they would kick the tires on Fleck. He has that Mr Show Business personality feel has somehow proved the naysayers wrong at most turns with his coaching. I have a feeling he wouldn’t turn down something that can shine a brighter spotlight on himself.

Bill O’Brien is also still available. Though his stock must have dropped after this week. Also has a square peg, round hole feel to me for the job.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds