Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Galveston Recommendations (1 Viewer)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Was thinking of taking the family on a trip down to Galveston this summer. Anyone have any recommendations on where to stay and what to do? I'd love to stop by the NASA museum in Houston, but I'm guessing I might get overruled by the family on that one.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rumors Bar
(409) 497-4617

I've never been there but when googling this said it was the best bar in Galveston.

Last edited:

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I was deer hunting at Indian Cave State Park in Nebraska when I came across a hot blonde already sitting in a tree. Met her in the parking lot after dark and got to know her. She was from down there. That’s the only thing I’ve “done” in Galveston. Do not recommend while with your family but it was a fun ride.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was deer hunting at Indian Cave State Park in Nebraska when I came across a hot blonde already sitting in a tree. Met her in the parking lot after dark and got to know her. She was from down there. That’s the only thing I’ve “done” in Galveston. Do not recommend while with your family but it was a fun ride.
Congrats on the sex.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We were there about a month ago. We stayed in a residence inn marriott property because i had a bunch of points. It was about a 200yd walk down the sea wall to the beach and Jimmy's on the pier restaurant/grocery. it is a lot more quiet and calm on that part of the beach, so it was good for my 2.5 and soon to be 4 year old. it is about a mile up to all the restaurants and excitement.

Next time we go we said we'd stay closer to the action around the convention center. The beach does get super busy down that way, though.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I assume you're choosing Galveston because you can fly into Houston easily and that's the closest beach. But if you are driving, just go down the coast to Port Aransas

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I assume you're choosing Galveston because you can fly into Houston easily and that's the closest beach. But if you are driving, just go down the coast to Port Aransas

Yeah, we would be driving more than likely.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Used to spend a day or two a month down there for work. Not sure what you prefer as far as accomodations go but there's a DoubleTree on the seawall that I always stayed at and never had a bad experience. They have a good breakfast spread and a bar attached to the pool. It's close enough to the pier to walk but far enough that you're not right on top of it. There's a couple nice restaurants on the seawall but they're about a dime a dozen. The Spot is where I'd always end up. It's 3 or 4 dives in one building with good bar food. There's a good little food district north of the courthouse as well.

The drive to and from Houston is only about 45 mins on I45 so a day or two up there should be on your list. You will have to explain the gentlemen's club on the way on and off of the island though. It's impossible to miss.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds