Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: TV recommendations (1 Viewer)

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
I'm looking at buying a new 50-65"ish TV to watch Nebraska lose 9 more times this year in extremely clear high definition. Anyone have recs? I don't need to go like $3,000
I’d go with this
Damn good tv for around a grand at 65 inches

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
I'm looking at buying a new 50-65"ish TV to watch Nebraska lose 9 more times this year in extremely clear high definition. Anyone have recs? I don't need to go like $3,000
I bought this Sony last year(2020 model). Guy at Kellum & Son here in Dallas walked me through all options and this was where we landed. Great TV so far.

Sony A8H 65-inch TV: BRAVIA OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2020 Model​

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I would go Sony OLED from Costco. I believe they use the exact same panels as LG, but they have a much better app selection along with built-in Chromecast to stream your phone. They have been running sales constantly all summer. They have last years 80cj model and the newer 80ck model. I've got my eye on the 77 in which has been at $2400 or so in the CJ and $3000 in the CK. 65 in is roughly a grand less IIRC. There is an even higher line with better processors if you want to drop a full $3k on a 65 in but I don't believe Costco carries it.

Edit... Misread your post... DON'T need to go 3k. Look at the 65 in Sony 80cj... CK is currently $1800 in 65 in. Best picture you'll find unless you have a lot of direct sunlight.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds