Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Gambling thread 2022 (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Placed my first bets for the college football year...

• FIU over 3 wins -115
  • Nebraska under 7.5 +100
  • Pen state -1 vs Auburn
  • Nebraska NW under 50 -110
  • I also have 2 parlays that I need Bama to win it all to pay out +500 (first two legs hit already) and then them to win with my chiefs at +3,050.

Last edited:

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
This was good timing as I just placed my first college bet of the year. Took NW +12. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost and if we win I don't see it being over 10 points. With all the new players and coaches on offense I see a 13-3 type of game. I guess I should take the unders as well.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
This was good timing as I just placed my first college bet of the year. Took NW +12. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost and if we win I don't see it being over 10 points. With all the new players and coaches on offense I see a 13-3 type of game. I guess I should take the unders as well.
I'm not touching the line.

I do think if I did I would fade it as that tends to work in early season games.

I just get the sense we are going to be vanilla, NW is going to try and muck it up and that is going to lead to a lower scoring game iyam.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm not touching the line.

I do think if I did I would fade it as that tends to work in early season games.

I just get the sense we are going to be vanilla, NW is going to try and muck it up and that is going to lead to a lower scoring game iyam.
Yeah I agree. I decided to take the unders as well. Basically both bets are hedges as I'd be ok with losing a little money to watch our beloved skrs kick some ass! Most likely scenario is that I have more beer money to drown my sorrows.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I would be shocked in Nebraska loses to Northwestern. I don't think Northwestern is going to be good, at all.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I also like Vandy over 2.5 -140

If Wake Forest's back up QB is awful, Vandy may win 4 games.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I would be shocked in Nebraska loses to Northwestern. I don't think Northwestern is going to be good, at all.
I hope your right. Beaten dog syndrome won't allow me to have positive thoughts about football, basketball and baseball. Baseball gives me the most hope since they have shown the ability to win a year ago.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Ed Feng is another data/statistics/analytics guy.

Here are some of his predictions:

College football predictions – The Power Rank predictions are based data from previous seasons and the current markets. Here is a sample of the predictions available to members.

• Nebraska will beat Northwestern by 9.6 points on the road. Both of these teams had 3-9 records last season. However, Nebraska went an astonishing 0-7 in one score games. Record in one score games tends to regress to the mean of .500.
  • Ohio State will beat Notre Dame by 13.5 points at home. New Fighting Irish coach Marcus Freeman jumps straight into the fire with a trip to Columbus. At least his defense returns stars like DE Isaiah Foskey and CB Cam Hart, and this unit will need to play well against an explosive Buckeyes offense.
  • Georgia will beat Oregon by 17.4 points at home. New Oregon coach Dan Lanning also jumps into the fire and faces his former defense at Georgia. At least the Bulldogs lost five defensive players to the 1st round of the NFL draft. However, Georgia QB Stetson Bennett gets his top three receivers back from last season.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
  • FIU over 3 wins -115
1662436676989.png

GIF by Giphy QA

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds