Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Give the boy some time kids (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interestingly Tone isn't typically the voice of reason. But he's spot on here.

The disdain from many on Raiola is a bit over the top.
Why would you expect the disdain to go away when 99 percent of people on this board wanted Raiola fired at the end of the season.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
All we can do is wait and see and hope Rhule knows what he’s doing but I think it’s pretty reasonable to at least question some of them hires, considering it looks almost uncomfortably similar to what we just got rid of

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
The vast majority of all Husker fans covered up or refused to accept the fact that Scott Fraud was as worthless as tits on a boar. Rhule knows what he’s doing. Let him do it. This is comical at the highest levels. Chill and enjoy it.
Two tone Soprano well said. It boggles my mind how fucking stupid some Nebraska fans are. The same potatoes who were clamoring to give Frost more time, are the same idiots that have already made their minds up Rhule. I really believe that our OL will look much more under control, operating under a new system where we take our time.. don't get ahead of ourselves.. and above all, STAY CALM. Jesus fucking CHRIST, People.

If you're reading some of this shit.. you can CLEARLY see the people whose opinions are not based in reality. They are based on video game bullshit. My concern is that Rhule will not be given the benefit of the doubt, in the eyes of public opinion. All the while completely disregarding the fact that Frost's work ethic is absolute DOG SHIT. There is no way to know with any amount of certainty that Rhule will work out.. BUT, he has already shown to have more oversight and a better work ethic than the last guy. Which puts his odds of success way ahead of Frost's.. and yet people are still going to make their minds up, *A WEEK IN*

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
All we can do is wait and see and hope Rhule knows what he’s doing but I think it’s pretty reasonable to at least question some of them hires, considering it looks almost uncomfortably similar to what we just got rid of

I think it's important to remember that two things can be true at once. We can question, but we can also allow the man to do his job without going full @Ducksker (aka Kitty)

RSS used to be full Rufus. TPB is full Duckster.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
I’m tired of fucking “hoping”. Why not go out and hire proven dudes so we don’t have to “hope” anymore. It’s like recruiting a bunch of 2 & 3 stars, sure you’ll hit on a few of them but never enough to have sustainable success.

We’ve put a lid on our ceiling already and for what reason? For fuckssake look at what Wisconsin is doing.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Two tone Soprano well said. It boggles my mind how fucking stupid some Nebraska fans are. The same potatoes who were clamoring to give Frost more time, are the same idiots that have already made their minds up Rhule. I really believe that our OL will look much more under control, operating under a new system where we take our time.. don't get ahead of ourselves.. and above all, STAY CALM. Jesus fucking CHRIST, People.

If you're reading some of this shit.. you can CLEARLY see the people whose opinions are not based in reality. They are based on video game bullshit. My concern is that Rhule will not be given the benefit of the doubt, in the eyes of public opinion. All the while completely disregarding the fact that Frost's work ethic is absolute DOG SHIT. There is no way to know with any amount of certainty that Rhule will work out.. BUT, he has already shown to have more oversight and a better work ethic than the last guy. Which puts his odds of success way ahead of Frost's.. and yet people are still going to make their minds up, *A WEEK IN*
I wanted Frost when he came in and lost faith in 2019. Frost brought an inexperienced crew with him and looking back it was his first major mistake. That’s why I’m worried about the Rhule hires to a degree. There is no way in my mind Rhule will suck as bad as Frost, but it’s going to suck if we are a 7-type team in year 4.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
You got me. Maybe it was 100 percent. I guess I don’t remember a Raiola supporter. He was pretty much the biggest piece of shit on this board. Now we are trying to justify the hire because that’s what fans do.
I’m no Raiola apologist, but I’m a huge Rhule fan, so I trust he sees something in Donny. Great breakdown by @slattimer earlier today on the type of offense and run game Rhule will likely implement. Seems like a better style and fit. Feel like there was conflicting styles in the offense with Frost’s vision and Whipple. Donny had to be conflicted as well. I think Rhule will clarify that and we’ll begin to establish and identity… finally. It’ll take time and Rhule will get it.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I think it's important to remember that two things can be true at once. We can question, but we can also allow the man to do his job without going full @Ducksker (aka Kitty)

RSS used to be full Rufus. TPB is full Duckster.
I’m glad what i post on a message board is preventing Rhule from doing his job.

Fat Matt if you’re reading this leave the fuckin state and go do some recruiting. We’ll all forget about you going to the league cuz you hated recruiting if you try for us a little.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I’m no Raiola apologist, but I’m a huge Rhule fan, so I trust he sees something in Donny. Great breakdown by @slattimer earlier today on the type of offense and run game Rhule will likely implement. Seems like a better style and fit. Feel like there was conflicting styles in the offense with Frost’s vision and Whipple. Donny had to be conflicted as well. I think Rhule will clarify that and we’ll begin to establish and identity… finally. It’ll take time and Rhule will get it.
I would say that’s a fair assessment of the Whipple Donny dynamic.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m tired of fucking “hoping”. Why not go out and hire proven dudes so we don’t have to “hope” anymore.
The point is, you DON'T get to win the offseason! There is no such thing. STOP trying to win the offseason national championship. When are Nebraska dumb fucks gonna get this through their heads???

There's no National Championship for off-season moves.... as much as you and the rest of the NU potato dumb fucks want it that way. You fuckin morons celebrated every offseason as Fraudst made his "critical changes" and what did that get us? Jack shit.

I'm so fuckin sick of the same refrain from NU morons. HC opening? "We need a big name hire!!" Assistant coach openings? "We need candidates who are 1, big names + 2, proven winners + 3, elite recruiters + 4, B1G experience + 5, min 15 yrs experience"... Yeah that's all very realistic. 🙄

Not every problem is solved with a "big name" at every position .... sometimes you have to just hire a top HC and trust that he'll figure it out. For the love of Christ, please stop with the 'big name' demands and your dumb neverending list of hiring criteria. I trust Rhule's criteria way more than I do the fuckin NU message board morons.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Well fuckin said leigh

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds