Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Holiday hot takes thread (3 Viewers)

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll start. Christmas Vacation is an overrated movie. I mean, it's funny, but damn it gets played and hyped too much.

christmas vacation GIF

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
My scorching holiday hot take: For the most part, turkey sucks as a primary meat to center a holiday meal around. I get the historical linkage to the pilgrims and it being a native bird, etc., but several years ago I put it to a family vote and we unanimously voted it “off the island”.

We’ve enjoyed a variety of meat dishes since, ranging from Porterhouse & Ribeye steaks, Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin, Ham, and this year we outsourced the meats to Porky Butts and went BBQ. Several racks of ribs, burnt ends, pulled pork surrounded with a bunch of side dishes & desserts.

Thanksgiving has never been better.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Thanksgiving is the best holiday as an adult if you don’t have kids from what I’ve been told by parents.

I love cooking for groups of people. So thanksgiving is my favorite.

Christmas is cool but a bit overrated. But prime rib does a good job of saving it for me.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Speaking of holiday movies, Elf is funny for about the first half. Like all Will Ferrell movies, the last 30-45 minutes is a retarded waste of time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds