Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hot Takes Thread (3 Viewers)

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
He didn't need to lead his team in TD's. He had an effect on defenses that made them have to account for a dynamo that could score from anywhere on the field. Lendale White was the power back that scored from the goal line while Bush was racking up yards between the 20's.

His impact on USC was similar to that of Johnny Rodgers for NU. JR didn't get a ton of touches but flipped the field in special teams, could return, run and receive similar to Bush.

I'd also note that every Heisman winner has a resume padded by stats from bad defenses.

Can't get with this hot take.
White also got all the goal line touches. Bush was a beast and every time he touched the ball was a threat for a house call. In 2005, Reggie was the best player in college football without a question.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
This isn't a hot take. This is fact.

If Jeter spends his whole career in Colorado or San Diego or Kansas City or Milwaukee with the same amount of production, he doesn't sniff the Hall of Fame.
I HATE the Yankees but this is false. Guy batted .310 for his career and had 3500 hits. Other accolades for performance as well like gold gloves and silver sluggers. Fuck Derek Jeter but he has the stats to be in the hall of fame even if he wasn’t a Yankee

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I HATE the Yankees but this is false. Guy batted .310 for his career and had 3500 hits. Other accolades for performance as well like gold gloves and silver sluggers. Fuck Derek Jeter but he has the stats to be in the hall of fame even if he wasn’t a Yankee
And he was a gamer.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
WHY DO WE BUILD ROADS WHEN GOD CREATED DIRT BIKES?

Last edited:

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
College basketball is unwatchable
Basketball in general is a severely flawed sport with its foul structure. The combination of so many coin flip calls plus the number of games that come down to free throws makes it ridiculously arbitrary way too often.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Yeah I was one of them, the Callahan/Pederson era just felt so corporate and aloof, and Bo at the time was this scrappy up and comer who wore his heart on his sleeve (his full insanity wasn't on display for another couple years haha). I think that had a lot to do with it, along with his very successful stints at OU and LSU of course.
I don't think Nebraska fans talk enough about Solich, Callahan, and Bo

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds