Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If you could choose... (1 Viewer)

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
really, sean is the only mega dork. robin is cool, can laugh at himself. nate seems cool, too.

sean cannot laugh at himself. his enormous ego will not allow for it.

I sort of love him all the more for being a mega dork who devotes himself to covering a field that is populated by the sort of alpha studs that he unmistakably yearned to be in his younger years. That lingering desire manifests itself in the mentions of pre-dawn Orange Theory classes (shaping those cannonball calves) and Zapruder-style videos of him touching the goalpost (making use of aforementioned calf development). There's something very comforting about it to me. He's a safe man. No opinion or interest he has is controversial in his domain--that of the everyman Nebraskan (from South Omaha and now residing in South Lincoln).

I love Dean.

That being said, if you can take only one guy affiliated with the HOL staff and bring them over here, it's Washut and there's no real debate unless you're into the gonzo stylings of Mongo. If we're talking about the mods, then it becomes a tougher choice, and I'd be willing to hear arguments for Matya, la jolla, sklar, and maybe even some others that aren't coming to mind right now.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like how worked up Mataya gets about the whole Big Ten fiasco.
See above re: Matya. I've rarely seen such top-quality rage on any number of topics. When it spews out in a manner that's clearly against RSS policy he and Dean have agreed upon, it's all the better. To be fair to him, we should not pretend that he's the only mod to occasionally go a little out-of-bounds when his emotions dictate. I've lost track of the number of times @Biff Bridges locks a topic that he finds distasteful but affords himself the valediction, usually something supercilious directed at the dumbasses. Hell, I've seen him post in a thread that had been locked at least twelve hours earlier just to scold folks for being idiot bigots.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
giphy.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds