Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is this Steve Marik cat the best writer amongst the Husker boards? (2 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I've never been on the 247 message board but I've never heard a good thing about it.
The have some good articles but the board is a yawn fest -

OGC.b024d9e9abe0a128ec58b09b7180db2d

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm actually thinking of dropping 24/7. Rivals bringing the goods right now on a level us Husker fans aren't use to. Professional true reporting and articles. After my $1 is up unless things change I probably won't renew with Tater Island
Thats what I did I dropped 247, I was going to drop Tater Island, but I was able to renew for the $1, now I'm on a free trial till the end of the month with Insideher. I'll probably end up with tPB of course and Insideher when all is said and done.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Steve Marik writing another great article on Myles Farmer. Man he's bringing the goods. Not afraid to point out the bad along with the good. Looks like we might finally have a writer who isn't all fluff and kool aid. He brings data, videos and break downs. Impressive piece. New Rivals writers making Dean's crew look like true amateurs. It will be interesting to see if Dean tries to improve the product he's putting out. And how would he do that? Hire a qualified writer? Make the existing ones up their game?
What’s funny is (and I know they have to get their info somewhere) is that all they do is repeat the same shit 5 different ways. Frost speaks on radio last night (everyone can hear it) so they write “nuggets”, then they all report something individually from the same interview, and BEST of all they write tunnel talk 100% based off what we all already read all week long and heard in press conferences and the online show. No creative journalism or digging for solid inside info at all.

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Another reason Rivals is kicking Tater Island/247’s ass: Greg Smith is at Bell West-Pickle Smoochers Prep and covering the game while providing updates on how the only Husker commit in the game, Sledge, is doing. Crickets from 247 and Tater Island.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Another reason Rivals is kicking Tater Island/247’s ass: Greg Smith is at Bell West-Pickle Smoochers Prep and covering the game while providing updates on how the only Husker commit in the game, Sledge, is doing. Crickets from 247 and Tater Island.
So how’s he doing?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
More quality articles from Rivals and now that owner guy is making improvements to the site adding new features. Turns out they have a 3rd writer Geoff who also actually puts some effort showing skill and pride with his articles.

Couldn't help but notice that Dean has Mongo writing some new follow up articles on recruits. Too little, too late. Plus they pale in comparison to the what Rivals is putting out. Over the years we asked Dean for so many different things and it fell on deaf ears. Now his Kool Aid Squad is being chumped by the New Kids on the Block over at Rivals. The professionalism and knowledge difference is night and day. They actually appear to give a shit.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
More quality articles from Rivals and now that owner guy is making improvements to the site adding new features. Turns out they have a 3rd writer Geoff who also actually puts some effort showing skill and pride with his articles.

Couldn't help but notice that Dean has Mongo writing some new follow up articles on recruits. Too little, too late. Plus they pale in comparison to the what Rivals is putting out. Over the years we asked Dean for so many different things and it fell on deaf ears. Now his Kool Aid Squad is being chumped by the New Kids on the Block over at Rivals. The professionalism and knowledge difference is night and day. They actually appear to give a shit.
@Zack Carpenter is here now too 🔥

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds