Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Steve Taylor On Frost And Mickey (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Everyone on here should listen to the whole interview with Steve. He spilled just enough tea for the savvy listeners, who have been observing Scott's behavior since the beginning, to understand what was happening behind the scenes.

Add up all the little tidbits from lots and lots of resources and the off hand comments, pundit interviews, well sourced media dudes that have built up over the years and you will come to the realization that it was never gonna work and we are simply better off without someone like Scott in this day and age when it comes to working with young people.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I’m kind of hoping that all this stuff coming out will prompt some national reporter to look into why Frost was kept (and extended… and enabled). NU fans need a wake up call about what has been going on around this program.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
What's really mind boggling is that people behind the scenes knew this stuff was happening for years. They had to of. Then pair that with the atrocious record, and many still wanted to keep in him place...the dude got 5 years. It's stunning.

Especially the elementary shit like tagging off vs. tackling. Steve Taylor couldn't believe that it'd be true.....but it was.

By the way, Steve used the term mind bottling....lol.

It really is quite disgusting and pisses me off. It makes me think that the next staff should be able to make a visible impact by year 2 by just doing the basic shit correctly. Stuff like this needs to get out into the public so potatoes can move on from Frost - if they haven't already.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Pretty shitty that Frost didn't come to the event for players that Steve organized. Frost must've been on some serious drugs if he thought the former players weren't giving him enough support.
And for Turd and To to be there… very bad optics for the HC of Nebraska. Scott sounds like he went to the Bo Pelini school of burning bridges

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
What's really mind boggling is that people behind the scenes knew this stuff was happening for years. They had to of. Then pair that with the atrocious record, and many still wanted to keep in him place...the dude got 5 years. It's stunning.
Yeah I really think the way he was celebrated right off the bat was a bad thing. I mean, that's obvious, but when so many people were saying "FATE HAS FINALLY BLESSED US WITH FROST, IF HE CAN'T DO IT HERE NOBODY CAN!" it was sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy that had to be fulfilled. He HAD to be propped up, because it was assumed right off the bat that it HAD to work.

So these media members subconsciously start framing things as "a long runway" and "he's going to rebuild from the ground up, his own way" and former players don't want to go against their very real feeling of brotherhood by being the guy speaking out about what they hear, and everyone ends up wanting Frost to change so that he'll get things on the right track, rather than start over again. The decision wasn't "do I call things out or turn a blind eye?" it was more like "do I contribute to the end of modern NU history, or do I keep my mouth shut and keep hoping something clicks?"

Then it all just kept snowballing and being bottled up, and we're now seeing this big cathartic sigh of relief from all these people who knew things but never talked about them publicly, and most fans are like "wait WHAT?"

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
WITH FROST, IF HE CAN'T DO IT HERE NOBODY CAN!"
This is what annoys me the most. With both our fans and other fans, if he can't do it, someone else will. It's all about finding the right coach, and we've had a string of coaches that were either a) inept dipshits (Frost), b) grampy pants who lets admin get invovled, c) angry man but a solid coach that sucked at crooting, or d) outsider that if given more time and a change of DC might have had something...

So we've basically had meddling by higher ups, dipshits, or rage monster

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
This is what annoys me the most. With both our fans and other fans, if he can't do it, someone else will. It's all about finding the right coach, and we've had a string of coaches that were either a) inept dipshits (Frost), b) grampy pants who lets admin get invovled, c) angry man but a solid coach that sucked at crooting, or d) outsider that if given more time and a change of DC might have had something...

So we've basically had meddling by higher ups, dipshits, or rage monster

a) Frost
b) Riley
c) Bo
d) Callahan

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
All because he was a Nebraska guy. I was listening to Hail Varsity tonight and McBride and Darlington were pushing Mickey hard. The host also gave Darlington some names who included Urb and Leipold. He was for Leipold over Urb because Urb is an old man. He must not have got the memo they are the same age.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds