Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (21 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I have been looking into doing one. Why wouldn't you do one?

I am a co-owner of my company and going to be adding a second company for commercial real estate so I'm thinking it might be good to have if something happens to me.

Well the company survives your death so you wouldn’t need a trust in that situation anyways.

Just have your membership shares transfer on death to whoever you want or what I often do with farm clients and estate planning is set up the LLC so that the other member is who you want to inherit it so when you die it just all goes to that person.

Ex: Dad adds the son on as a member of the Farm LLC and upon his death the LLC all goes to the son immediately so that there is no pause in the day to day running of the business. You don’t want to have to wait to cut checks to pay bills or have to get a signature to deposit revenue, etc.

Especially when what you’re trying to pass on is a business and the other potential heirs or beneficiaries are not part of that business. What often happens with small businesses or farms/ranches you get 1 heir who still lives locally and works on the business everyday and then you have like 1 heir in Omaha and 1 in California who have no fucking clue. You don’t want to have to wait on say the Heir from Cali to approve payments if they are an executor or trustee. Skip all that headache if it’s a business.

TL;DR - read it all cuz brother I charge $300 a hour for consultation visits and that’s basically a summary of what I tell clients coming in an asking questions like that.

redzoner

Cornerback
Well the company survives your death so you wouldn’t need a trust in that situation anyways.

Just have your membership shares transfer on death to whoever you want or what I often do with farm clients and estate planning is set up the LLC so that the other member is who you want to inherit it so when you die it just all goes to that person.

Ex: Dad adds the son on as a member of the Farm LLC and upon his death the LLC all goes to the son immediately so that there is no pause in the day to day running of the business. You don’t want to have to wait to cut checks to pay bills or have to get a signature to deposit revenue, etc.

Especially when what you’re trying to pass on is a business and the other potential heirs or beneficiaries are not part of that business. What often happens with small businesses or farms/ranches you get 1 heir who still lives locally and works on the business everyday and then you have like 1 heir in Omaha and 1 in California who have no fucking clue. You don’t want to have to wait on say the Heir from Cali to approve payments if they are an executor or trustee. Skip all that headache if it’s a business.

TL;DR - read it all cuz brother I charge $300 a hour for consultation visits and that’s basically a summary of what I tell clients coming in an asking questions like that.
Thanks for the detailed response. I wasn't expecting the full lawyer answer.

1 of the other partners in my company just did it which is why I was looking into it but based on this I may just save the money and make sure my will looks good for now. The nice thing about my company setup is if something happens to me it triggers a 3 year buyout so we don't have to worry about the execution part of the business because all the partners are active employees.

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm sure it's just because it's new to me but I enjoyed mowing grass at my new place. First time in 20 years i can say that.

Doesn't hurt I bought a 25 HP zero turn deere with a 62" deck with the kawasaki motor. She's like a good whore. The faster and harder you give it to her the better she does.

Anyways, what's good fellas

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
I'm sure it's just because it's new to me but I enjoyed mowing grass at my new place. First time in 20 years i can say that.

Doesn't hurt I bought a 25 HP zero turn deere with a 62" deck with the kawasaki motor. She's like a good whore. The faster and harder you give it to her the better she does.

Anyways, what's good fellas
Rolling along with harvest, got a decent chunk of dryland corn out, gonna start in on the first irrigated beans tomorrow

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
That's High on the list of new amenities for here in the future. What did you go with
I'll have to check, we bought it from a friend in town that didn't use it anymore. Pretty sweet little deal they gave us, and it works great. Pretty pleased with the find. I'll use the shit out of it in the winter, but has been nice on the few cooler evenings we've had after a long day.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
7 days out from my last murder trial of the year.

Double homicide. 19 year old shot/killed an 18 and 21 year old.

Just damn kids.
the lord of the rings GIF

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Ironic you posted this gif because I told my wife in 2025 I want to go back to the Shire (rural Nebraska) and never leave again.

I got 5 murder trials in 2024 and they all have to go. (No bond + speedy trial)

Someday I’m going to be an extremely over qualified county attorney in rural Nebraska or I’ll go back to work for the Nebraska Attorney Generals Office because Nebraskans deserve
anigif_original-grid-image-4027-1423252437-4.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

• Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds