Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Post Game Presser (1 Viewer)

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Fuck...I see a lot of moral victories in this. And I don't give a shit how bad Anthony Grant feels TBH. Total delusion or straight bullshit on Sims. We all saw it. It's on film. He's a good runner and sucks otherwise. Would he call the timeout though if he had it to do again? If the real answer is no then fuck us all. Thin and sketchy WR corps just got thinner and sketchier.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Should've made EJ barthel do the post game presser and face the music over his decision to put mr fumble in the game.

Or Satt. Let that fucker explain some of the dipshittery we saw on display.
Spot on. If it were me deciding, I would bench Grant for the CU game and only play Ervin, Rahmir and Emmett. Grant is a turnover machine just like Adrian.

As for Sims, it's too risky to bench him and keep Purdy or Haarberg as they are both untested as QB.

Satterfield better have Sims reduce his interceptions, because at this rate (3 INT per game), he will be the nation's leader in turnovers by season's end.

Last edited:

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
Should've made EJ barthel do the post game presser and face the music over his decision to put mr fumble in the game.

Or Satt. Let that fucker explain some of the dipshittery we saw on display.
The head coach is aware of the substitution and has the power to stop it. The head coach also has the power to tell the OC to run the fucking ball. The HC unfortunately didn’t do either.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Spot on. If it were me deciding, I would bench Grant for the CU game and only play Ervin, Rahmir and Emmett. Grant is a turnover machine just like Adrian.

As for Sims, it's too risky to bench him and keep Purdy or Haarberg as they are both untested as QB.

Satterfield better have Sims reduce his interceptions, because at this rate (3 INT per game), he will be the nation's leader in turnovers by season's end.
Purdy has been tested and he failed.

If Sims has another game like last night against Colorado I'll be happy to see Purdy though.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Honestly, I know it's only one game and so no matter what it's going to seem like an overreaction. But great coaches, even in year one, just don't lose games that are that winnable. We were at 94% win likelihood. Imagine even a "just good" coach like PJ or Kirk in a 94% situation. There's no way they're losing at 85%.

You can hardly count the number of ways we could have put that game away and none of them hit. And several of the missteps were directly on the coaching staff.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Honestly, I know it's only one game and so no matter what it's going to seem like an overreaction. But great coaches, even in year one, just don't lose games that are that winnable. We were at 94% win likelihood. Imagine even a "just good" coach like PJ or Kirk in a 94% situation. There's no way they're losing at 85%.

You can hardly count the number of ways we could have put that game away and none of them hit. And several of the missteps were directly on the coaching staff.

Sorry but the coaches had a great game plan and put the kids in a position to win. This isn’t new. Players at Nebraska have to start taking control.

GAHusker

Cornerback
Sorry but the coaches had a great game plan and put the kids in a position to win. This isn’t new. Players at Nebraska have to start taking control.
My biggest problem is at this point it looks like we’re being sold a bill of goods. Rhule said we were going to focus on the little things, limit turnovers, and be a good fourth quarter team. Lol

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I dunno about that.
- We had the ball on the one inch line on 2nd down with 30 seconds and a timeout and came away with 0 points. You can blame the false start but if you call the timeout immediately after the run and there is no way in hell we don't score on a Sims QB sneak. And much, much less likely to false start in that situation. Even if we don't score on the sneak (we would have), still have time to spike the ball and try again or kick the field goal. Inexcusable IMO.
- Have the lead in the fourth and instead of bleeding the clock, we throw back to back incompletions on our way to a 3 and out and give Minnesota an extra 2 minutes clock time. I don't totally hate the first down call if we had a QB who could pull it off, but throwing twice in that situation is pretty egregious.
- Putting the ball in the hands of the 3rd string running back prone to fumbles with the game on the line. There was plenty of time on the clock. We don't need someone electric in that situation, we need someone reliable.
- Basically abandoning the run game in the 4th quarter in general. Minnesota's defense was about ready to sink and we threw them a lifeboat.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
My biggest problem is at this point it looks like we’re being sold a bill of goods. Rhule said we were going to focus on the little things, limit turnovers, and be a good fourth quarter team. Lol

I get being upset at the outcome, but 1 game into his tenure and everything should be fixed from the last 6 years?

GAHusker

Cornerback
I get being upset at the outcome, but 1 game into his tenure and everything should be fixed from the last 6 years?
I am not giving up: I am just saying that so far he isn’t really doing any of the things he promised. Did you really leave last night’s game with a feeling that we were well coached?

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don’t have any problem with the 4th. We were dominating until the fumble. I loved the deep shot to Hill. I want to believe the difference with Rhule will be how they respond to adversity. This has been Nebraska football for over a decade. I loved the passion and physicality.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Great coaches lose winnable games all the time

Good lord
Idk man. It's not very common for great coaches to have a 94% win probability late in the 4th and not win. There are definitely examples like Saban's kick 6 against Auburn and Harbaugh's "woah he has trouble with the snap" against Michigan St. It can happen but it's not the mark of a great coach. I realize it's only one game but woof.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
- We had the ball on the one inch line on 2nd down with 30 seconds and a timeout and came away with 0 points. You can blame the false start but if you call the timeout immediately after the run and there is no way in hell we don't score on a Sims QB sneak. And much, much less likely to false start in that situation. Even if we don't score on the sneak (we would have), still have time to spike the ball and try again or kick the field goal. Inexcusable IMO.
- Have the lead in the fourth and instead of bleeding the clock, we throw back to back incompletions on our way to a 3 and out and give Minnesota an extra 2 minutes clock time. I don't totally hate the first down call if we had a QB who could pull it off, but throwing twice in that situation is pretty egregious.
- Putting the ball in the hands of the 3rd string running back prone to fumbles with the game on the line. There was plenty of time on the clock. We don't need someone electric in that situation, we need someone reliable.
- Basically abandoning the run game in the 4th quarter in general. Minnesota's defense was about ready to sink and we threw them a lifeboat.
There was only one timeout. If you take it there sneak and don't make it clock runs out. I like that call to go quick. Then if you don't make it you can call a timeout and kick the FG.

Your 2nd and last are really the same thing. Other than that series it was a good mix. I didn't like that series either.

Agree Ervin should have been in the game.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I am not giving up: I am just saying that so far he isn’t really doing any of the things he promised. Did you really leave last night’s game with a feeling that we were well coached?
So far? It has been one game. The defense and special teams were pretty damn good. If this becomes commonplace for the rest of the year, then I will agree with you.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds