Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Should we have concerns about our NIL Program? (2 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not privy to inside information like I was with ABM so honestly don't know. Some mention that other B1G West teams have NIL programs that have already passed us. My battles with Dollar Dean about his claim of us being Top 5 in NIL were fun cuz he was full of shit pumping his buddies at ABM. But honestly where do we rank? I think we should have a Top 20 NIL program with the financial resources we have. Is this something that Turd needs to get involved with? Do we have a bad rep with players because of the scammy shit ABM did? Matty Davison & 1890 just not good at this? Do we even trust them?

Haven't had time to ask around so what is everyone hearing?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm not concerned about Nebraska NIL at all.

They paid Mathis $650k last year and outbid Texas.

Bud Elliott says that Nebraska's NIL is willing and able to spend big $$$. I trust his word as he has his ear firmly pressed to the recruiting world and front offices of college football programs.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
My impression with not a lot of insider info is that 1890 is getting their legs underneath them, and starting to reach the point where they're out of the administrative start-up phase & newly on to the more functional stuff.

There's a new staff (still being formed) to coordinate with, the tweets from the players they're signing starting over the last couple weeks, and I just saw an ad from them on an electronic billboard in Omaha for the first time a couple days ago.

IMO, still pretty early to give a sweeping judgment, but looks like a cleaner operation than ABM.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I'm not concerned about Nebraska NIL at all.

They paid Mathis $650k last year and outbid Texas.

Bud Elliott says that Nebraska's NIL is willing and able to spend big $$$. I trust his word as he has his ear firmly pressed to the recruiting world and front offices of college football programs.
My question to this is, how in the world have they not just decided to pump out above and beyond what it takes for a couple years to 3-4 TOP OL?

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
Not privy to inside information like I was with ABM so honestly don't know. Some mention that other B1G West teams have NIL programs that have already passed us. My battles with Dollar Dean about his claim of us being Top 5 in NIL were fun cuz he was full of shit pumping his buddies at ABM. But honestly where do we rank? I think we should have a Top 20 NIL program with the financial resources we have. Is this something that Turd needs to get involved with? Do we have a bad rep with players because of the scammy shit ABM did? Matty Davison & 1890 just not good at this? Do we even trust them?

No.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
No. Money should never be an issue. I don't think we have to worry about someone we want who likes DONU the best of all landing spots not coming because of the NIL.

Of course, if someone prefers a different school, a NIL premium is unlikely to carry the day.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
No. Money should never be an issue. I don't think we have to worry about someone we want who likes DONU the best of all landing spots not coming because of the NIL.

Of course, if someone prefers a different school, a NIL premium is unlikely to carry the day.
I'm just worried we might be missing out on some players. Talking to a couple friends who have kids who play Power5 football they have mentioned that the players know there is a big difference between what some schools are offering and how they are run. Players discussing what their friends at other colleges are getting and even getting pier recruited by bragging about money plus other benefits so they should transfer over to their school. Many of these players know each other and word gets around quite quickly these days. Unfortunately my friends kids aren't good enough to be getting big $$$$ interest so haven't heard about anyone contacting them.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don’t know if there’s a single fan base that believes their NIL program is good compared to others. If you read through the boards of some of the programs that we are competing with for players right now, it seems everyone believes their NIL program sucks.

There is so little information out right now that it’s tough to say one way or the other.

I’ve heard much more about 1890 than I ever did ABM from a marketing standpoint, however. So we’ll see. If you sign a top 10-15 class, I think you can conclude that we are at least on par with every one of our peers.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know if there’s a single fan base that believes their NIL program is good compared to others. If you read through the boards of some of the programs that we are competing with for players right now, it seems everyone believes their NIL program sucks.

There is so little information out right now that it’s tough to say one way or the other.

I’ve heard much more about 1890 than I ever did ABM from a marketing standpoint, however. So we’ll see. If you sign a top 10-15 class, I think you can conclude that we are at least on par with every one of our peers.
Every player everywhere is committing because of NIL and frankly, and you'll have to pardon my language here, I think that's a bunch of mularkey

doublewing

Running Back
I don't feel good or bad about it.

I think for the entire CFB landscape, NIL is still getting figured out. It's still a new phenomenon where the market dynamics are swinging wildly and there isn't necessarily a good competitive analysis to be made.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
If Husker fans actually gave a shit about NIL, they’d only purchase products from companies that participate.
I know I am doing my part. I prepped for the apocalypse and lined some young stud’s pockets by purchasing a pallet of Emu jerky from Pipeline Jerky.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

I have no idea how accurate this article/blog is, but it was deep in the hidden threads of TPB in the last week or two. It's definitely an interesting read, but also don't know if the exact source can be trusted.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds