Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The only bad thing about Swimtown (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
"Real" cities suck, I'll gladly give up the few extra amenities in favor of being able to get anywhere within 15-30 minutes & having 1/3-1/2 the violent crime rate.
I'd rather get violently murdered in NYC than brag up a top golf. But to each their own.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I'd rather get violently murdered in NYC than brag up a top golf. But to each their own.
Fantasy Hard Work GIF by Earth, Wind & Fire

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
it's adorable when Omaha people act like they live in a real city

Some Omaha peeps do live in a bubble, but nobody here thinks of Omaha as a 'big city" .. But I'll take the lesser commutes, cost of living affordability. lower crime rates, and not having to see a bunch of homeless campsites splattered all over the streets, compared to some of the big city shitholes, especially on the coasts

I'll travel if I want some of the amenities that Omaha doesn't have .. no biggie

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
"Real" cities suck, I'll gladly give up the few extra amenities in favor of being able to get anywhere within 15-30 minutes & having 1/3-1/2 the violent crime rate.
I could go a little bigger. Maybe even a suburb of something like Dallas on the outskirts where I don't ever have to go into the city.

If i had to live or commute into a "real city". I'd violent crime myself.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know what you're saying, I-25 is like a racetrack most of the time the old saying is that the State Patrol will pull you over for going too slow on I-25 "Impeding Traffic". I-70 is crazy too, the speed that people travel in unsafe conditions is unbelievable the State Patrol up here call SUVs "Suddenly Upside-Down Vehicles" because of all the rollover accidents.
I bitch about Denver traffic constantly even though it doesn't crack the top 10 for worst in the country (yet, at least that I've seen). And I don't mess with I-70 mountain traffic unless I'm heading up there for a project and that's usually in the middle of the week when it's not as bad.

Driving in LA & Atlanta traffic was probably worse than Denver but it's still a mother fucker and we have the worst mix of shitty drivers anywhere I've driven, I'd say there is a major wreck on my commute that causes me delays 5-6x per month, at least.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Omaha peeps do live in a bubble, but nobody here thinks of Omaha as a 'big city" .. But I'll take the lesser commutes, cost of living affordability. lower crime rates, and not having to see a bunch of homeless campsites splattered all over the streets, compared to some of the big city shitholes, especially on the coasts

I'll travel if I want some of the amenities that Omaha doesn't have .. no biggie
My idea of travel is going places where I'm going to see much much less people. Never more.

My wife has been trying to get me to go to New York since we've been married. Going on 25 years. #winning

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone that complains about Omaha traffic needs to spend time in an actual big city
Been to LA, Sacramento several times when sister in law lived there with day trips to San Fran and other places along the coast.

I don't complain about excess vehicles making the trip take longer. Rarely happens for me. Crazy fucking drivers are everywhere.

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
Been to LA, Sacramento several times when sister in law lived there with day trips to San Fran and other places along the coast.

I don't complain about excess vehicles making the trip take longer. Rarely happens for me. Crazy fucking drivers are everywhere.
Oh no your interstate point is super valid. Those fuckers are wild in the AM

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Even down here in suburbia is getting too populated. I can’t even drive down Parker Rd anymore without tons of traffic, anytime of day
It's crazy my wife and I were just talking the other day that we need Nebraska or Wyoming or both to legalize the weed so some of these people will move to one of those states with their lower cost of living.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
It's crazy my wife and I were just talking the other day that we need Nebraska or Wyoming or both to legalize the weed so some of these people will move to one of those states with their lower cost of living.
We don’t want those losers. You can keep ‘em lol. That’s what you all wanted. For all the deadbeats of the world to move to your state so you can get edibles

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
i don't want to spend time in an actual big city

i don't even want to spend time in Omaha to be honest

I'd rather buy some land outside of Omaha and live on my farm but everything costs 5-15 million
You'd think an affluent Pickle Smoochers man like yourself would have 50 to 100x that by now

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds