Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Benning and lula? (3 Viewers)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

Comments start at 2 hours 53 minutes

Hmm, so no idea why DB left? Dude has a lot going on. I wonder if he's going to step away from HS coaching with Caleb heading to college. I know his younger son plays ball, though.

I wonder if he'll be brought into the program somehow. I really can't think of a guy better positioned to advocate for Nebraska football within the Omaha metro. Not saying he doesn't do that already but it's totally different if he holds a position like Wilhite did. I'd assume he couldn't have a media job if that were the case.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
he said on Doug and Daddy today that he is stepping away to focus on being a better person and to work on himself. Mentions his son going too college soon is a factor.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
he said on Doug and Daddy today that he is stepping away to focus on being a better person and to work on himself. Mentions his son going too college soon is a factor.
WTF?

Did he get caught cheating on his lady?
Drinking and driving doesn't seem like him.
I'm going with his dick must have gotten him in trouble.

Last edited:

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Really disappointing that he's apparently stepping away. My guess is he's just bitten off more responsibilities lately than he can chew. When you try to do everything, something always suffers. If he mentioned needing to be a better person, then it's likely that time with his family was taking the biggest hit.

doublewing

Running Back
bro... have you seen his record?
His HS HC record or criminal record? If you have info on the latter that would be interesting.

gimme-all-you-got-al-pacino.gif

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
There has to be financial issues with Hurrdat. They did away with the magazine side just over a month ago. Have to think owning a restaurant has not helped their bottom line. My guess is that they buy the air time from local stations KFOR., AM590 and most recently the Tri Cities. If they don’t sell enough advertising, they’re screwed. DB is the biggest on air personality payroll wise. The problem is most people turn into this time slot to hear his takes - not Luva’s.
Could be. It seemed like quite a coup for Hurdatt to pull in Damon. Seems like for a while they were taking in anyone who was leaving more traditional media. The Hail Varisty people, Damon, Shane and Sausha from 1620, Mike Sautter, etc. They have a ton of shows and personalities. Like someone said above, I have no idea how they make money.

They were getting awfully ambitious with their talent aquison and expansion. I wonder if they bit off more than they could chew.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
His HS HC record or criminal record? If you have info on the latter that would be interesting.

gimme-all-you-got-al-pacino.gif

He has talked about it many times.

For perspective he had 5 cycles prior to graduating college.

Not a bad guy, just super immature in his youth with a chip on his shoulder about not being black enough. (education, speaking properly and being a good boy are often met with negative stereotypes and it’s a major problem in the AA community)

Mythosaur

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
It's been really confusing trying to follow the Hurrdat/Hail Varsity radio/podcast situation... Maybe I'm an idiot or haven't cared enough to try harder but it has all seemed so random.

Benning does Coffee and Cream for awhile, then it vanishes and he suddenly has Benning and Lulla, I followed that pod for awhile but then I also see videos of him podcasting with Avarie Howard but I'm not sure what show that is, and some of the shows are on the radio, some are on a Hurrdat podcast feed, some are on a Hail Varsity Radio podcast feed, which may or may not be on the radio as well, and now Benning and Lulla might not be a thing anymore either...?

giphy.gif

I've always liked Benning and I like the other people he's partnered with on these new shows but the setup has been all over the place and hard to follow. @Mythosaur fill us in man!
Sorry, I’m not on here a ton so I’m just now seeing this but I legitimately don’t have a ton of answers on what happened with DB. I was taken as off guard as everyone else. All I was really told was he was spread way too thin and needed to step away. I legitimately don’t know anything outside of that. Andrew will be hosting with me through the end of the year as we look for a permanent cohost. Obviously hoping for a lot more continuity moving forward once we have a full time cohost in place.

huskersoup

Linebacker
Elite Member
Sorry, I’m not on here a ton so I’m just now seeing this but I legitimately don’t have a ton of answers on what happened with DB. I was taken as off guard as everyone else. All I was really told was he was spread way too thin and needed to step away. I legitimately don’t know anything outside of that. Andrew will be hosting with me through the end of the year as we look for a permanent cohost. Obviously hoping for a lot more continuity moving forward once we have a full time cohost in place.
Damn, not really handled professionally by DB at all to completely leave you in the dark.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Should we hold tryouts here at TPB? I think @BIG TONE SOPRANO would make a solid cohost

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds