Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cameron Ward ??? (5 Viewers)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
If we end up with Shapen we might as well just pack in it for your next year.
I think your insane.

Shapen, outside of Ward, is probably my favorite target. McCord was great with great prices around him. Shapen is a QB how has shown that he can do more with less. Shapen, Howard and/Leavitt and I'm pretty dang happy.

I know people don't like the idea of Leavitt as "the guy" for next year, and it isn't my ideal choice either, but I think we are selling him short too. Kid is a baller and, according to @Milo-of-Croton, Dantonio believed he was their best QB this past year. He isn't leaving because of competition or because he is being forced out, he is leaving because he has existing beef with the new HC that they brought in.

GNRhusker

Defensive Lineman
J
Ohio St is absolutely getting a portal QB. If they were happy with their QB room McCord wouldn't be in the portal.
I'm sure they will, and Ward would start there too of course, but another portal guy may not be able to beat out some of the QB's they have there already. Also, Ward would cost them at least one other guy transferring out if I had to guess but they'd make that trade obviously.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
I think your insane.

Shapen, outside of Ward, is probably my favorite target.
I think you’re insane. Competing against the defenses in the big 12 compared to the BIG is a completely different ask. Did Shapen go under center once this year?

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
The only thing I have heard or read about Shapen is that he had a serious head injury two seasons ago and was not the same when he came back. He was not as effective but did bounce back this year but wasn’t as eager to run the ball and reportedly a bit skittish in the pocket. Pretty sure it was one of the national podcast analysts from Tater Island who said this, but cannot be certain. It all sort of runs together after a while.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you’re insane.

Shapen, outside of Ward, is probably my favorite target. McCord was great with great prices around him. Shapen is a QB how has shown that he can do more with less. Shapen, Howard and/Leavitt and I'm pretty dang happy.

I know people don't like the idea of Leavitt as "the guy" for next year, and it isn't my ideal choice either, but I think we are selling him short too. Kid is a baller and, according to @Milo-of-Croton, Dantonio believed he was their best QB this past year. He isn't leaving because of competition or because he is being forced out, he is leaving because he has existing beef with the new HC that they brought in.
I’m not sure how you could have Shapen at #2 above Howard

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds