Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Chubba Purdy Offered (3 Viewers)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Was he ever the starter?

Yes. In 2020 he played 3 games then had some unexpected inflammation in his collarbone that he had surgery on the summer of 2020. It was a planned procedure, but they didn’t expect the inflammation so they had to do it sooner than they wanted to.

He beat out Jordan Travis who was a sophomore in both 20 and 21. Jordan then won the job for 21. Chubba has 4 years to play left. I think it’s a bit misleading to say he lost his job to an underclassman. Chubba will technically be a freshman eligibility wise in 2022.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Need him as I don’t think anyone higher on the board is a possibility. Need some competition for Smothers

In my opinion, there is more that we don’t know. Transfers don’t appear to tweet out their offers at as high a clip as high school kids. So I think there are other QBs we are talking to that haven’t made our offer public. Purdy is just the latest one we’ve added and he chose to tweet it out.

I do know that Whipple loves Purdy though. If this were a dude we are looking to add to the room for depth and development, I’m all in! If we need him to start, I’m not sure that’s what we should be looking for.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
In my opinion, there is more that we don’t know. Transfers don’t appear to tweet out their offers at as high a clip as high school kids. So I think there are other QBs we are talking to that haven’t made our offer public. Purdy is just the latest one we’ve added and he chose to tweet it out.

I do know that Whipple loves Purdy though. If this were a dude we are looking to add to the room for depth and development, I’m all in! If we need him to start, I’m not sure that’s what we should be looking for.
Keep him (if he commits) as developmental guy and get an experienced guy?

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Keep him (if he commits) as developmental guy and get an experienced guy?

I was told about two weeks ago that 1) Don’t be surprised if we take Purdy because Whipple LOVES him and 2) Don’t be surprised if we take two QBs. Where the path is to the second one I have no idea. I don’t think many know what the realistic pecking order is either as very few of these transfer kids tweet their offers.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was told about two weeks ago that 1) Don’t be surprised if we take Purdy because Whipple LOVES him and 2) Don’t be surprised if we take two QBs. Where the path is to the second one I have no idea. I don’t think many know what the realistic pecking order is either as very few of these transfer kids tweet their offers.
There's a whole portal after spring ball too

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm finding it hard to care at this point. It's gonna be somewhat controversial no matter who it ends up being, if anyone, and I don't hate the idea of going into next season with Smothers being the guy. And it doesn't matter who it is if Raiola can't get the OL playing with a little fuckin attitude.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds