Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Chubba (2 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
index.php

index.php

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hey! This is my exact story. My mom plays at like 4 different churches now. Shes actually an alternate for the Stormchasers for when they need an organist.
That doesn't surprise me a bit. Church organists are a rare breed these days. When my Mom passed away, we were able to give a lifetime of sheet music to a fellow organist at her church in Plattsmouth, but sadly never found a home for her Yamaha organ (monstrously expensive purchase back in the day, FWIW).

We literally couldn't give it away. We tried all of the music stores, called local churches, advertised ... nothing. Nobody plays the organ - they all play keyboards instead. We finally had to pay a guy to bust it up and haul it away last winter when we had my Dad's house re-carpeted as it was the one thing the carpet guys said they wouldn't move. It broke our hearts to do that as we had so many memories of Mom practicing on Saturday afternoons on her organ getting ready for Sunday services, but time marches on.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
That doesn't surprise me a bit. Church organists are a rare breed these days. When my Mom passed away, we were able to give a lifetime of sheet music to a fellow organist at her church in Plattsmouth, but sadly never found a home for her Yamaha organ (monstrously expensive purchase back in the day, FWIW).

We literally couldn't give it away. We tried all of the music stores, called local churches, advertised ... nothing. Nobody plays the organ - they all play keyboards instead. We finally had to pay a guy to bust it up and haul it away last winter when we had my Dad's house re-carpeted as it was the one thing the carpet guys said they wouldn't move. It broke our hearts to do that as we had so many memories of Mom practicing on Saturday afternoons on her organ getting ready for Sunday services, but time marches on.

Yeah it gives mom something to do in retirement. I didn’t realize that she got paid by the churches until about a month ago and paid pretty well.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Looks like OU pulled out all the stops and gave him something to think about.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah it gives mom something to do in retirement. I didn’t realize that she got paid by the churches until about a month ago and paid pretty well.
It was always my Mom's "mad money" (money she could buy things with that wouldn't make my Dad mad about her spending money). I found a couple of old pics of her doing the music thing, shown below:

Mom playing on Jean's Story Time, broadcast from 1960 - 1964:
63649315769__9557EDDB-4DA9-4506-B236-7A52D1858CCE.jpeg

Mom pumping out music during an Easter church service at Lutheran Church of the Master in Omaha:
63649317868__E9A25DAB-3C26-439D-A01B-218B2238E79B.jpeg

I'll stop derailing the thread now so we can resume speculating on whether Chubba is going to be a Husker or a Sooner. Thanks for the indulgences.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds