Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Elijah Robinson as DC? (2 Viewers)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I will preface this post by saying that I realize we should do whatever it takes to get a coach and recruiter of Robinson's caliber on staff, and I have no problems if this is the direction we go.

However, for discussion's sake...

Some recent Twitter smoke combined with educated guessing based on the assistant pool $$ has suggested that we may be looking at bringing in Elijah Robinson as the sole DC. While his recruiting acumen can not be questioned, is there any hesitation on hiring a novice DC at this point in time, particularly at the price we would likely be paying?

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I will preface this post by saying that I realize we should do whatever it takes to get a coach and recruiter of Robinson's caliber on staff, and I have no problems if this is the direction we go.

Some recent Twitter smoke combined with educated guessing based on the assistant pool $$ has suggested that we may be looking at bringing in Elijah Robinson as the sole DC. While his recruiting acumen can not be questioned, is there any hesitation on hiring a novice DC at this point in time, particularly at the price we would likely be paying?
We need to get a legit, experienced P5 DC and pay him (or her) $1mil+.

mcgradynu

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG

From what I've seen he's been in contention for DC jobs since last year so it seems like he's about to become one whether its with us or somewhere else. If Busch is retained as well, I think it's fine. He's also coming from the SEC. I'm able to tell the difference between a guy like Robinson that's been coaching P5 and apparently on the precipice of making the jump to Coordinator level versus a guy like Chins.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

This guy already makes > $1M and is an AHC.

He was also pursued by both Penn State and Michigan last year to be their DC when both had openings, which resulted in him getting the AHC title and a huge raise from A&M. He wants to be a DC. Franklin's and Harbaugh's views carry some weight with me. He has also been run game coordinator at both Temple and A&M.

He's 37, so he is no neophyte.

I'd do it .

Stenge85

Linebacker
Elite Member
I would struggle being cool with him as DC, maybe Co-DC. However if he brought several 5 star d lineman I will be easily swayed.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I would struggle being cool with him as DC, maybe Co-DC. However if he brought several 5 star d lineman I will be easily swayed.
you're such a little whore. So easily bought.

Boo You Whore Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
From what I've seen he's been in contention for DC jobs since last year so it seems like he's about to become one whether its with us or somewhere else. If Busch is retained as well, I think it's fine. He's also coming from the SEC. I'm able to tell the difference between a guy like Robinson that's been coaching P5 and apparently on the precipice of making the jump to Coordinator level versus a guy like Chins.
I'm with you, Busch impressed me this year & I think you could possibly give him a co-dc job with Robinson... Now you don't know how those 2 would mesh together as co-dc's so maybe it isn't a great idea for that reason but could help ease concerns of having a 1st time DC as your guy for year 1

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

I think if it were me, I would hire Snow as my DC and bring Robinson in as Co-DC.

Snow will likely retire and I would promote Robinson to be my DC if he preformed.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds